Feeling hungry?

Jack Aubrey

Coming Soon reports:

Film rights for a new Hannibal Lecter novel, "Behind the Mask," , have been acquired by the Dino DeLaurentiis Company, which produced the Hannibal movies, Red Dragon and Hannibal. The book is scheduled for release next Fall.

"Thomas Harris is the premier novelist of psychological suspense of our time," said Irwyn Applebaum, president and publisher of the Bantam Dell Publishing Group.

"Millions of readers in 25 languages have wondered how Dr. Lecter developed his particular appetite for evil. This novel will satisfy their curiosity."

Harris has written three previous Lecter books: "Red Dragon,""Hannibal" and "The Silence of the Lambs," which was adapted into an Academy Award winning movie starring Anthony Hopkins and Jodie Foster.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Oct 28 2004, 09:46 PM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Oct 28 2004, 07:40 PM)
Very cool...i've been hearing rumors of a "Prequel" of sorts for a few years now...now who do you think should play the role of the younger Lector?

Anthony Hopkins with a week's worth of Botox...

tongue.gif

Yeah, good flicks. I remember watching "Silence of the Lambs" in the front row of a cinema drafthouse (it was packed), with my soon-to-be bride, and the beer was lukewarm. 062802puke_prv.gif The movie creeped us out big-time.

Anyone else here remember "Manhunter"? Excellent flick w/ Hannibal Lecter's character released a few years before "Lambs".

Good stuff. Directed by Michael Mann before he went on to create "Miami Vice".

QUOTE (BSG @ Oct 28 2004, 11:32 PM)
Yeah, good flicks. I remember watching "Silence of the Lambs" in the front row of a cinema drafthouse (it was packed), with my soon-to-be bride, and the beer was lukewarm. 062802puke_prv.gif The movie creeped us out big-time.

Anyone else here remember "Manhunter"? Excellent flick w/ Hannibal Lecter's character released a few years before "Lambs".

Good stuff. Directed by Michael Mann before he went on to create "Miami Vice".

Yeah B I remember that one...Red Dragon is actually a remake of sorts of Manhunter...I thought Brian Cox was just as creepy as Lector as much as Hopkins was....and the lead role is William Peterson who is now well known for playing Grissom on CSI...

The standard of Silence of the Lambs was almost impossible to live up to, so the sequels have been disappointing for me. Hopefully, this installment will live up to the lofty standards set by the original.

I agree, Snowdog. I read both 'Silence' and 'Hannibal' before the movies came out. Silence was GREAT, but I was so appalled at the ending of the BOOK of 'Hannibal', where Clarice and Lecter apparently live happily ever after together, 062802puke_prv.gif that I sort of lost interest in the series.

Tho Gary Oldman was great in 'Hannibal', the rest of the movie left me very 'blah'. The shock factor scenes just came off retarded, as much as I love Ray Liotta.

BUT to read how Hannibal became what he did may be interesting. I'd read the book but dunno about a movie.