The Who Sell Out

http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/B00000844Q.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Just listened to this one for the first time in a while, and WOW. This is one of my favorite Who albums, up there with Who's Next and Quadrophenia. I think that as far as their concept pieces go, this album is superior to Tommy, because even though the songs have a constant theme, they aren't weighted down by songs that exist solely to continue the story. This is probably the most fresh and fun Who album of them all. Especially the extended version, with like 20 songs and a lot of extra ads.

This is one of the really great late 60's albums, with a lot of psychedelia in it and an amazing songs like Armenia City In The Sky, Tattoo, I Can See For Miles, etc. This has always been one of my favorite albums, and easily my favorite Who album, just edging out Who's Next.

In my opinion, this is one of the most underrated The Who albums. Whenever I talk to people about The Who, no one ever seems to mention this album, and some people have not even heard it. Like I said, extremely underrated and one of their best records. Grade A material. trink39.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I haven't listened to this in awhile either, but I know that some of the tunes are good. There's one in particular that I like but can't remember the name of it. It's a love song though.

Archived