"simply Sick"

I like this, but would love to hear some original stuff. One of my favourite mash ups is 2 Many DJs' mix of the Salt n'Pepa original with The Stooges' No Fun.

The 12 year old sounds like a fine guitarist, but a member of that age is going to prove severely limiting in terms of live work, not to mention the child protection concerns that will inevitably be raised. The question is will that prove a gimmick that attracts initial attention, but ultimately a millstone around your necks?.

As I said, this is enjoyable, but I'd reserve any comment on the band until I hear some original stuff.

1287.gif 1287.gif 1287.gif

trink39.gif trink39.gif

Thanks for your comments madra sneachta,

I guess I need to clarify that I know it's not a band that would have any longevity, but I've been hauling my shit on stage for 23 years and see this is my last chance to play the 15,000 seat arenas and have roadies and get to travel, and maybe even make some money at it. This day job as a QA Engineer is getting old and it would be nice to get a break from it for a while. comp26.gif

Anyway, I guess I'm selling out hardcore and I'm asking the peeps if they think we've got something that's marketable here or if I'm just wasting my time again like the last 15 bands I've struggled with. It would have been nice to make it in a band like Rush, but it's not a reality for most peeps and time is not standing still

Thanks all! bolt.gif

How come no nasty comments yet? rofl3.gif

QUOTE (tangdog @ Mar 30 2006, 12:02 PM)
I like it!

He rips for only being 12.

Cool song to cover.

TY kindly Tangdog. We had a girl from Georgia who heard our song rename her myspace title to "simply sick chick" and she posted a video of her dancing to Push It which she downloaded. We couldn't believe it! Things like that give me hope.

Peace and thanks for the kind words of inspiration.

-The Masked Drummer

thanks for the note and the  inspiration for the band!
Ken

Ha np at all, if you believe in your guitarist, thats all that matters.

Do I believe in my guitarist? He's played with Uncle Cracker, borrowed Kid Rock's Gibson SG, and performed for Pistons and Detroit Lions games doing the star spangled banner on guitar!

If you like kids, snake dawg is the nicest, brightest kid I've met. A straight A student, very well mannered and a natural onstage. He even helps with the arrangements! A real team player.

Here's a couple pics of his glory moments so far:

On Stage with Uncle CrackerPlaying Kid Rock's guitarThis kid's future is lookin pretty damn bright!

TY again for all your feedback! TMD

Archived