Mammograms

blonde77th

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (nettiesaur @ Mar 20 2012, 02:12 AM)
QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Mar 19 2012, 07:54 PM)
Tests are tomorrow.  I'm a mess.

I'll be thinking of you. I hope everything goes well!

hug2.gif hug2.gif So will I! Hope it all goes well, too! hug2.gif hug2.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Mar 19 2012, 09:54 PM)
Tests are tomorrow. I'm a mess.

I hope all is going well today. I have been thining of you and sending thoughts and prayers your way today.

hug2.gif

Thanks to all who've checked on me. I heard from the radiologist yesterday. The biopsies can't rule out something called a phyllodes tumor (which can be benign or malignant) so I'll be having surgery to get that taken out as soon as the surgeon can schedule it. No idea how extensive the procedure will be or any other details. I think I'll be fine - my main worries are for how life in my house is supposed to function when I'm out of commission.

(sorry for the repeat to my FB friends)

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Mar 23 2012, 08:41 AM)
Thanks to all who've checked on me. I heard from the radiologist yesterday. The biopsies can't rule out something called a phyllodes tumor (which can be benign or malignant) so I'll be having surgery to get that taken out as soon as the surgeon can schedule it. No idea how extensive the procedure will be or any other details. I think I'll be fine - my main worries are for how life in my house is supposed to function when I'm out of commission.

Life in the house will be fine. Take care of yourself! yes.gif

hug2.gif

Not sure if this is he correct thread for this question:

For a while now I've been getting a tender left breast. It feels like its bruised or something. Doesn't hurt all the time and it's not excruciating or anything like that, just sort of niggling. I've noticed more around the time of my periods the past couple of months but it's turned up early this time. I have to admit that I absolutely HATE checking them. I understand the need for it but it makes me feel ill.

Should I get it checked or am I worrying about nothin'?

Edited by LyndseyG

QUOTE (LyndseyG @ Mar 26 2012, 03:36 PM)
Should I get it checked or am I worrying about nothin'?

Well, if you get it checked, you'll be better off either way - either you'll know it's nothing and can stop worrying, or if it's something, you'll have the advantage of doing something about it early.

Do as I say, not as I do - I'm infamous for putting off medical care due to the cost (even with insurance, I can't afford some things, or should I say, Rush tickets are more important blush4.gif ) or because, if I have to have something done about it, the hassle of getting out of work is slightly worse than slow death (slightly - I really should say something to the doctor next month about the flaky spot in my eyebrow I'm pretty darned sure is skin cancer).

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Mar 23 2012, 06:41 AM)

Sending healing vibes and best wishes, GG. hug2.gif

Lyndsey, it could just be cystic breast (little cysts that get painful at that time). But that doesn't mean you should ignore it. Go ahead and get checked. It can't hurt... well, it does a little but not as much as it could. It only takes half and hour or so but is worth it for the peace of mind.

Lyndsey - I would definitely get it checked. Trust me on this.

I'm meeting with the anesthesiologist Monday. Supposedly they're going to do "twilight" sedation on me...I've always been under general anesthesia when I've had other surgeries, so I'm kind of freaking a bit and wondering if I can convince them to just put me under. It's not like they need me to be conscious enough to move around. I really don't see why they'd even consider the twilight method. They're cutting me open, for pete's sake.

Also I seem to have developed some sort of allergic reaction to something around my biopsy site. I'm wondering if it's a reaction to the clip they put in to mark the tumor. If that's it, I suppose the problem will be resolved when they do the surgery.

Oh hell, GG. If you are more comfortable with complete general anesthesia, TELL your surgical team! Don't let 'em steamroll you. Make them give you a good reason for wanting to use twilight. And if it doesn't sound kosher to you, let them know. They work for you.

So, I made an appointment to get my boobs crushed on June 5th laugh.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Mar 29 2012, 08:44 PM)
Lyndsey - I would definitely get it checked. Trust me on this.

I'm meeting with the anesthesiologist Monday. Supposedly they're going to do "twilight" sedation on me...I've always been under general anesthesia when I've had other surgeries, so I'm kind of freaking a bit and wondering if I can convince them to just put me under. It's not like they need me to be conscious enough to move around. I really don't see why they'd even consider the twilight method. They're cutting me open, for pete's sake.

Also I seem to have developed some sort of allergic reaction to something around my biopsy site. I'm wondering if it's a reaction to the clip they put in to mark the tumor. If that's it, I suppose the problem will be resolved when they do the surgery.

I'd tell the doctor about any reactions, and definitely ask to be put out with a general. You know what you can handle, and they don't!

I had the pre-op stuff done this morning, and the anesthesia resident told me they'd be using a general. I told him that the surgeon mentioned "twilight" and he said he didn't see a problem with general sedation since I'm in good health.

He told me just to talk to the doctor on surgery day and they'd do what was best.

Aw shit, I have totally missed GG's posts on this. I feel like a sucky friend.

Best of luck to you. I'll have you in my thoughts on Wednesday. hug2.gif