Mammograms

blonde77th

Ok here goes..i am new in here and don't know but 1 person & not complaining I am new lol biggrin.gif but they suggested i try this ....How many women just love having their boobs squashed like having a truck sit on them ....pulled and adjusted to things they don't like ....no wonder i haven't had 1 in years .....but i did it again and found it worse lol the only nice thing was having the ultra sound right after ...i almost fell asleep b_sigh.gif ,anyway they found a 1/2 inch mass am just getting used to saying that ,now i have to do the biopsy thing oh joys ,still have two weeks to adjust to that , has any one else been here before ,mind boggling i tell you ........just curious they say you are never alone in this but i don't anyone who has been here ...thanks for listening

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

goodpost.gif You bring up a great point. Welcome, by the way, to the most happening site on the net!!

No I've never had any problems like that, but I am due to be checked and I'm glad you've reminded me yes.gif My grandmother had breast cancer twice, so that means I'm at a higher risk. I hope everything goes smoothly with your biopsies - Be brave!!!

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

My mom had breast cancer 14 years ago. She had a lumpectomy and radiation, and has been cancer-free ever since. Catching possible problems early (as you have) is the key.

I've got to have my first mammogram in a couple of years, and even though I know how important they are, I'm not looking forward to it.

Best wishes to you, b77.

Thanks for the responses and glad your Mom made it through & is well !! I lost my Mom about 4 years ago to Lung Cancer ........I am glad i went to do this test and hopefully it will work out good but the Lord says he never gives us more than we can handle so ....yes please pray i have been doing alot of that Thanks http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h173/blonde77th/pic09842.gif

Blonde77th, I can't comment either way on the experience of breast check (lacking the pre-requisite mammary glands, despite what certain side-on photographs might suggest!!.), but I feel for you at the moment.

Just over a fortnight ago (March 15th to be exact), I was told I had a "growth or lesion" in my left eye. The following Monday, it was confirmed it was Ocular melanoma (eye cancer), and a week ago today, my left eye was removed.

I'm now waiting to get the final histology reports, and am quietly confident it hadn't mestastisized and I'll get the all-clear. However, the waiting is a pain to say the least and I'll find out on the 13th of April.

I'm thinking of you, and know the sort of thoughts goig through your head right now. Be well

Donal

1287.gif 1287.gif

Hang in there 77

*~Tough times Dont Last, Tough People Do wink.gif

Keep us updated, Lotsa Postive thoughts flowin to ya smile.gif

bekloppt.gif yes.gif

QUOTE (DonnaWanna @ Mar 31 2006, 05:47 PM)
Hang in there 77
*~Tough times Dont Last, Tough People Do  wink.gif

Keep us updated,  Lotsa Postive thoughts flowin to ya  smile.gif

bekloppt.gif  yes.gif

That's a great way to see things Donna. B77, listen to these wise peeps.

They speak the truth, and wish only the best for you. cosmo.gif

madra am so sorry to hear about what happened to you my prayers go to you but thankyou for your words & Donna i thank you too i get my biopsy on the 11th of April right now i am getting through 1 day at a time as i bet you know Madra then the wait for the results i do a lot of praying right now I am trying to stay strong ! i say the waiting is so far the worse thing i have ever gone through http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h173/blonde77th/pic09842.gif

QUOTE (sundog @ Mar 31 2006, 09:10 PM)
Hang in there 77

bekloppt.gif  yes.gif

yes.gif

bekloppt.gif cosmo.gif

QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Mar 31 2006, 03:34 PM)
Blonde77th, I can't comment either way on the experience of breast check (lacking the pre-requisite mammary glands, despite what certain side-on photographs might suggest!!.), but I feel for you at the moment.

Just over a fortnight ago (March 15th to be exact), I was told I had a "growth or lesion" in my left eye. The following Monday, it was confirmed it was Ocular melanoma (eye cancer), and a week ago today, my left eye was removed.

I'm now waiting to get the final histology reports, and am quietly confident it hadn't mestastisized and I'll get the all-clear. However, the waiting is a pain to say the least and I'll find out on the 13th of April.

I'm thinking of you, and know the sort of thoughts goig through your head right now.  Be well

Donal

1287.gif  1287.gif

Madra! i had no idea. i thot you were off acting somewhere. *big hug* sad.gif rose.gif rose.gif rose.gif i'm am awed by your strength. who can go thru something like this without telling everyone? confused13.gif maybe i'm just a dork and missed a thread somewhere? i am so sorry. sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif *nuther hug*

bet yer sexy as hell with an eye patch tho 1287.gif ARR!

i will pray for you, too, Madra...that it hasn't spread. shit, i wish we'd've known earlier.

*doesn't know what else to say*

*considers scrapping the post altogether*

*is sure its ALL the wrong things to say...damn sad.gif *

*cept for the sexy eye-patch part* wink.gif

*more hugs* heart.gif

QUOTE (sundog @ Mar 31 2006, 08:10 PM)
Hang in there 77

bekloppt.gif  yes.gif

yes.gif I agree with you sunny, Donna's words are sooo true. I pulled through some things with this attitude! yes.gif

blonde77, you have a strong will. I can see this from your posts. You also have had loss in your life....as have I. Yet you have dealt with them as well as can be expected. Keep up the faith...I know you will!

My prayers and positive thoughts are with you! rose.gif

We're all here for you....if you need us smile.gif

The boob smasher as you put it is aweful but I'm glad you went through with it. i've had both the ultra sound done, mamogram and a biopsy....

I was 18 when they found my first lump and did the whole thing ... results were that it was extra calcium ... I was on calcium tablets since I am lactose intolerate and once I was taken off the tablets/ any extra calcium I've been fine till I stopped breast feeding for my oldest and that one went away on its own... no more since then

as for the biopsy it will hurt as with most test but it will go away just like when you get a shot... I am there for you to hold your hand and to cry with but this is something for you to do. YOu have grandchildren and children who love you and would miss you and many friends that would too.

So stay strong and hang in there we are women and we are strong if not by ourselves than together .... we unite with hug and prayers rose.gif

QUOTE (blonde77th @ Apr 3 2006, 10:29 AM)
yes we are strong !!! We can bring home the Bacon & fry it too biggrin.gif One day at a time i say thanks my Pest for seeing this wink.gif

your welcome.... by the way this dowsn't change the fact that your a pain in my a**

pokey.gif

beathorse.gif

smash.gif

unsure.gif

scared.gif

rose.gif

biggrin.gif

cool10.gif H'mmmmmm you are the biggest pain i know of but i still love you tongue.gif i have to admit whether you are a pain or not you help keep me strong ! Even when i fight you on it h'mmmmmmmm should i of admitted that confused13.gif this is you & me pokey.gif yes.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif

You would miss me if I was gone.... and I would miss you with every bullet so far z7shysterical.gif

all kidding as side you keep me strong and I keep you strong just don't hold me hand for no needles and I ain't holding you ... the least time I did that I ended up getting suck with the needle... so no thanks

QUOTE (Rolinda Bonz @ Apr 9 2006, 08:36 PM)
It'll be good to have it over with soon.  Hang in there, Girl  rose.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/sundog918/smileys/ss2.gif

then we'll all http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/sundog918/smileys/cheers.gif to the fact that you're all well and good!