644 replies to this topic

#1 D-13

D-13

You can put it in the win column!

• Members *
  • 9349 posts
  • Interests:Music

Posted 24 March 2006 - 11:31 PM

ahhhh it's finally that time of year.  The snow starts to melt, the weather starts to turn nicer, the sun stays out later...and most of all bike enthusiasts making a final spring tune up...or racing to a bike shop to get that tune up haha like me.  

After getting my bike from the lovely tuneup dude (he took everything off... cleans and oiles everything and of course puts everything back together tongue.gif ...also I made him add another cauge to it...biggrin.gif 3 gears now   1022.gif  more speed!)  

I have to tell you i'm super stoked.  So stoked that possibly in April when all the streets are cleaned up and the weather is nice I will be biking to work (25 mins by car with no traffic).  My buddy at work bikes to work as often as he can and usually does over 10,000 clicks a year.

Anyone else have any good plans?  Anyone doing any trips? Any races? Any goals? Anyone planning to get in shape by biking?  Tell us about your machine!

Sponsored Post

#2 D-13

D-13

• Members *
  • 9349 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 11:33 PM

My steed...2004 Kona Shred user posted image

#3 barney_rebel

barney_rebel

The Camera Guy

• 27040 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 11:50 PM

D, get year ass over to TO and we'll go riding.

This spring/summer I'm gonna run my hardest, and beat my best times.  I promise.

#4 D-13

D-13

• Members *
  • 9349 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 08:29 PM

It's that time of year again...
I'll be partaking in biking to work again...once the path is clear of snow.  I can't wait!  trink39.gif  

#5 wingman

wingman

Restless Young Rushmantic

• Members
  • 57 posts
  • Interests:Guitars, drums, piano, 1966 to 1974 Mopars, drinking, trailer park boys, dogs, boating, hiking, flying, hockey (St. Louis Blues, Andy Murray is going to bring them to the cup 2008!)skiing and outdoors and reading, like Anthony Pires, and neil, you know, the good stuff.

Posted 21 March 2007 - 11:58 PM

Can't wait to go biking at the national park! as long as i don't see any bears... or cougars.lol  

#6 tangy

tangy

The Great Progholio

• Members
  • 9275 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 12:22 PM

Well, I was doing good last fall but I have not ridden in a while. Check out this video, its off a mountain biker launching it off a ski jump!

Sickest jump ever

#7 apetersvt

apetersvt

The Professor

• Members
  • 3384 posts
  • Interests:wine (good beer and cheap liquor actually), women, and song

Posted 22 March 2007 - 01:29 PM

At first glance, I though this thread was The Bikini thread.  I got excited a little prematurely.

#8 GhostGirl

GhostGirl

Sweetheart of Dixie

• Admin
  • 21936 posts
  • Interests:It was what I was born for —
    to look, to listen,

to lose myself
    inside this soft world —
    to instruct myself
    over and over

Posted 22 March 2007 - 02:54 PM

QUOTE (tangdog @ Mar 22 2007, 12:22 PM)
Well, I was doing good last fall but I have not ridden in a while. Check out this video, its off a mountain biker launching it off a ski jump!

Sickest jump ever

Whoa! I can't believe he stuck that landing.

#9 D-13

D-13

• Members *
  • 9349 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 03:06 PM

QUOTE (tangdog @ Mar 22 2007, 11:22 AM)

Sickest jump ever

Oh man...I just got the shivers...that would be so fecking scary!

#10 D-13

D-13

• Members *
  • 9349 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 03:07 PM

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Mar 22 2007, 01:54 PM)

Sickest jump ever

Looked like for a second that he was gonna go over his handle bars!!!!  ohmy.gif  

#11 tangy

tangy

The Great Progholio

• Members
  • 9275 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 03:16 PM

QUOTE (D-13 @ Mar 22 2007, 03:07 PM)
QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Mar 22 2007, 01:54 PM)

Sickest jump ever

Looked like for a second that he was gonna go over his handle bars!!!!  ohmy.gif

No doudt, that dude is insane.  

I am itching to go for a ride, but really I am lame because you can ride here year round and in the winter there are no bugs or poison ivy to deal with.  

#12 D-13

D-13

• Members *
  • 9349 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 05:07 PM

The snow is finally cleared....spring is here....and biking has begun!  First a good week of conditioning and then I can probably start biking to work smile.gif I'm excited!  biggrin.gif  

#13 tangy

tangy

The Great Progholio

• Members
  • 9275 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 02:31 PM

Did a mellow 4 mile ride. About 1 down on some sweet single-trail and 3 up on old logging road, elevation change of only about 480 feet.

We have had some bad weather from a killing freeze on Easter to exceptional drought all summer and the bears are everywhere trying to find food.

#14 D-13

D-13

• Members *
  • 9349 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 07:32 PM

Biking in Toronto...is crazy fun!  laugh.gif
It's a game....it's all a game....

Trying to not hit cars...trying to not get the cars to hit you!  trying to dodge cars and car doors!  dodging crazy people....

dodgy!

#15 tangy

tangy

The Great Progholio

• Members
  • 9275 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 03:19 PM

6 mile ride today, a few climbs and stream crossings but mostly really nice singletrack downhills, some with little berms. No mosquitos thanks to the drought!

#16 Snowman

Snowman

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1071 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 11:27 AM

unsure.gif   I've signed up for the Trondheim-Oslo ride next year. It is 54 European miles, or 540km if you like, or 540000 meters. I heard it is supposed to be the longest continous ride in the world(no stops here, just to make the neccessary duties...).

The fastest bikers do the trip on 13-14 hours, they eat, drink and shit on/from the bike.

sad.gif  

#17 tangy

tangy

The Great Progholio

• Members
  • 9275 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 12:39 PM

QUOTE (Snowman @ Sep 9 2007, 11:27 AM)
unsure.gif   I've signed up for the Trondheim-Oslo ride next year. It is 54 European miles, or 540km if you like, or 540000 meters. I heard it is supposed to be the longest continous ride in the world(no stops here, just to make the neccessary duties...).

The fastest bikers do the trip on 13-14 hours, they eat, drink and shit on/from the bike.

sad.gif

Damn, that sounds hardcore, particualry the shitting part. It certainly would give some incentive to be at the front of the pack! . I guess that is a road ride?

The most hardcore biking event here in the states must be Montezumas Revenge:

"WHAT: AN ULTRA MOUNTAIN BIKING EVENT, 24 hours, over 200 miles, 10 times on the Continental Divide, over 35,000+ feet of elevation climb, with the lowest elevation down at 9,000', the highest elevation up at 14,270', under a full moon and it is yet to be completed."

The 2007 race was canceled but will be back next year.

http://www.montezumasrevenge.com/mz_cmonin.php

#18 D-13

D-13

• Members *
  • 9349 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 12:43 PM

Wow snowman, sounds crazy!

I've signed up for the Toronto Conquer Cancer bike event.  You bike from Toronto to Niagara Falls...(200 km).  nice easy ride.  

Physically...I'm gonna be alright...but the heat is what is going to kill me.

thats next August.  

#19 tangy

tangy

The Great Progholio

• Members
  • 9275 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 12:57 PM

Another great ride today. Totaling around 7.5 miles. One of the better downhill singletracks I have ridden is this area, lots of serpentine berms down steeper sections. The trail was called Sidehill and a large part of it was carved into the side of the hill with a narrow singletrack next to a serious dropoff.

#20 tangy

tangy

The Great Progholio

• Members
  • 9275 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 08:35 AM

Time to make like horse shit and hit the trail!  1022.gif  1022.gif  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users