The Baby Project

barney_rebel

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Dec 28 2006, 11:25 AM)
Anyone here have a c-section before? eh.gif

yes.gif I Did

My daughter did a little flip around 3 weeks before she was due.

C-Sections are done quite often now. The thought of it is scarey, but before you know it, its over and you are looking at your beautiful little baby smile.gif

Best Wishes to You and T rose.gif

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (sullysue @ Dec 30 2006, 07:49 PM)
QUOTE (Barney's Alter @ Dec 30 2006, 04:29 PM)
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/140/338851647_73dbd3a719.jpg

Awwww!!! She looks awesome, Barn. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

yes.gif biggrin.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

I look forward to talking with you soon! yes.gif

QUOTE (Huck @ Dec 29 2006, 12:06 PM)
QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Dec 28 2006, 04:25 PM)
Anyone here have a c-section before? eh.gif

Mrs. Huck did.

The second one was breech up till 3 days before and she had VBAC.

Best wishes for you, T and the baby smile.gif

I had 2 C-Sections then did a V-Bac with my son.

Honestly, I'd take vaginal ANY day, but the C-Sections weren't that bad. The worst part is the recovery time and that you can't sneeze or cough without thinking your guts are going to spill out (for the first week or so anyway) and you can't wash floors, vacuum or that.

She'll be fine - the best thing is a healthy mom and baby.

Good Luck Barney!!! Can't wait to see the pics!!!!!!!!!!

I volunteered to try to put Ryan to sleep tonight, and man I'm so frustrated... seems like an hour of holding him and rocking him just turned to shit as he cried when I put him down.

Looks like he's finally in bed now, that he's long passed his bed time.

Christ it can be nerve-racking.

QUOTE (Barney's Alter @ Mar 22 2007, 09:41 PM)
I volunteered to try to put Ryan to sleep tonight, and man I'm so frustrated... seems like an hour of holding him and rocking him just turned to shit as he cried when I put him down.

laugh.gif Yes it can But enjoy it gets easier wink.gif BTW he is such a Cutie !! yes.gif

QUOTE (Barney's Alter @ Mar 22 2007, 08:41 PM)

Yeah...that's the dilemma. They need to be held and rocked and loved, but then that transition from warm arms and hearing a heartbeat to the relatively cold and empty crib/bassinet is a tough one.

Do you guys use those little foam positioner thingies? They kind of help the baby feel cuddled up while still being safe as far as SIDS is concerned.

http://www.leapsandbounds.com/assets/images/product/detail/12303.jpg

I had something similar which helped a lot with my second one, especially.

I feel for you two...I remember those days all too well. smile.gif

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Mar 23 2007, 11:08 AM)
Thanks GG - I forwarded that over to T.

Usually he's a great sleeper, but last night it was every friggin hour he got us up sad.gif

I just hope this isn't a pattern.

Well, B...it may be. It might not, but...it could be.

If it is, it'll pass. Promise.

heart.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Mar 23 2007, 12:19 PM)
QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Mar 23 2007, 11:08 AM)
Thanks GG - I forwarded that over to T.

Usually he's a great sleeper, but last night it was every friggin hour he got us up sad.gif

I just hope this isn't a pattern.

Well, B...it may be. It might not, but...it could be.

If it is, it'll pass. Promise.

heart.gif

It'll pass, as often as he passes gas laugh.gif

I've tried everything, but my baby still doesn't sleep. What should I do?

Written for BabyCentre UK

Penney Hames answers:

For the first six weeks -- and sometimes 12 -- most babies sleep erratically. You are lucky if you see a pattern emerging before this time. But after three to four months you can help your baby into a regular pattern of sleep so long as you act consistently and positively.

It can be difficult to know what to do for the best, especially when there is so much advice available. But you are the expert on your baby, and you know what will work best for your family. So, decide what you want, and then go for it. Babies are remarkably adaptable -- you can teach your baby to sleep without you or with you, in your bed or his cot. The choice is yours. But you are much more likely to stick with a plan that feels right for you than one you happen to find in a book or magazine.

Every time your baby wakes during the night, you will need to repeat whatever you do to help him fall asleep for the first time each evening. If you feed him to sleep, he will need you to do the same every time he wakes up; if you leave him alone to sleep, he will expect that.

There are only two essentials for any plan:

1. Once you begin a course of action, see it through. If you decide that you are not going to rock your baby to sleep, but instead place him in his cot sleepy but awake and return to whisper reassurances to him every five or ten minutes, don't give in after 45 minutes -- you will merely have taught your baby that it is worth his while to persist for as long as possible.

2. Give your plan time to work -- at least a week or two. Each new plan that you try means that you are asking your baby to learn a whole new set of sleep habits. Old habits take time to disappear, and new ones time to become established. Don't confuse your baby by chopping and changing. Stick with your plan for at least one or two weeks.

Your baby will be soothed into sleep by a predictable and relaxing bedtime routine, and you will be more ready to say good-night once you have spent some time being close with him. He will also be more likely to sleep if you try to avoid letting him fall asleep in the late afternoon.

If your baby still does not sleep in spite of your best efforts, you may find it useful to talk to your health visitor.

Archived