The Sopranos thread!

Jack Aubrey

QUOTE (TheRocinanteKid @ Dec 30 2007, 08:47 AM)
I'm really embarrassed now because I started a new thread complaining there wasn't a thread on this... Yet there's actually a reply from me just one up on here. Oops!

No problem! The problem is... there wont be any more....

sad.gif angry.gif 062802puke_prv.gif rage.gif

banghead.gif

I didn't start watching The Sopranos until the "Mr. and Mrs. John Sacramoni Request" episode. After I saw it, I thought, what the hell have I been missing. This is great stuff.

I bought the DVD sets of every season and have been watching episodes every chance I get. I'm now up to the second part of Season 6. Of course, I watched every episode down the final stretch, but it's going to be fun watching it again - especially when Phil gets his head crushed.

"Oh, Shit!" rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

I just downloaded the entire series so I'd have something to watch over the next few days over the next few days when I'm recovering from having my wisdom teeth out yesterday. I've watched the first four episodes of the first season and I'm definitely hooked. Looking forward to watching the rest.

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Sep 5 2009, 06:09 AM)
I just downloaded the entire series so I'd have something to watch over the next few days over the next few days when I'm recovering from having my wisdom teeth out yesterday. I've watched the first four episodes of the first season and I'm definitely hooked. Looking forward to watching the rest.

The first three seasons were extraordinary. Addictive and groundbreaking TV. The show never gets bad, but it starts losing something in season 4. By the time you get to the final season 6, you can see how some of the story lines were seemingly added in to stretch things out. Too many sub-standard plot lines in between important ones. There are still some good "holy shit!" moments towards the end so it's worth watching them all.

The first three seasons were SO good that it was tough to keep that standard up, but a "bad" episode of "Sopranos" was better than most other TV series' best. You'll enjoy the whole series.

Standout eps are "College" (you'll see that one really soon), the second-to-last one of season 2 (holy shit indeed), and "Pine Barrens".

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Sep 5 2009, 04:34 AM)
Standout eps are "College" (you'll see that one really soon), the second-to-last one of season 2 (holy shit indeed), and "Pine Barrens".

I'm about to watch "College" as I type this. Looking forward to it.

EDIT: Wow. Definitely the best episode so far.

Edited by PuppetKing2112

I seen 'em all when they ran originally, but we've been watching a season a week now. We're midway through season four again. It's great to watch them this way, one after the other. Makes it much easier to keep up with all the little sub-plots. I love seeing a particular moment just pass by and remember that it winds up being so crucial later.

One of my fave shows of all time. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Sep 5 2009, 07:34 AM)
QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Sep 5 2009, 06:09 AM)

The first three seasons were extraordinary. Addictive and groundbreaking TV. The show never gets bad, but it starts losing something in season 4. By the time you get to the final season 6, you can see how some of the story lines were seemingly added in to stretch things out. Too many sub-standard plot lines in between important ones. There are still some good "holy shit!" moments towards the end so it's worth watching them all.

The first three seasons were SO good that it was tough to keep that standard up, but a "bad" episode of "Sopranos" was better than most other TV series' best. You'll enjoy the whole series.

'Pine Barrens' is my favorite episode! trink39.gif

QUOTE (GeddysMullet @ Nov 8 2009, 01:57 PM)
Tony Soprano Lives! Well, sort of.

James Gandolfini Assaults Photographer!

Kinda odd. I read that holdups of the movie of Sopranos are all by Gandofini. He is supposedly a "peace-nik" kinda guy, and portraying Tony always bothered him. Yet here he is, roughing up and threatening a fan for shooting video of him. I doubt it was a professional paparazzi. They don't usually go to work with their moms. biggrin.gif

You guys wanna hear something interesting?

This clip is Michael Imperioli's (Christopha) band called "La Dolce Vita".

Does the song sound familiar at all?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hJYOEvdbgc

Here is another audio only track that actually sounds like a pretty decent song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEaAFCxwZWM

laugh.gif

Edited by Godeater2112

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Sep 5 2009, 04:51 PM)
I seen 'em all when they ran originally, but we've been watching a season a week now. We're midway through season four again. It's great to watch them this way, one after the other. Makes it much easier to keep up with all the little sub-plots. I love seeing a particular moment just pass by and remember that it winds up being so crucial later.

One of my fave shows of all time. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Well said.

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jan 17 2010, 12:41 PM)
QUOTE (Necromancer @ Sep 5 2009, 04:51 PM)
I seen 'em all when they ran originally, but we've been watching a season a week now.  We're midway through season four again.  It's great to watch them this way, one after the other.  Makes it much easier to keep up with all the little sub-plots.  I love seeing a particular moment just pass by and remember that it winds up being so crucial later. 

One of my fave shows of all time.  new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Well said.

David Chase wrote it like a novel. You can keep going back to it and each time a new detail is revealed. It's one of the many reasons why it's such a great show.