Most overused lyrics in music

Moonraker

I think my vote for that title would be the line "set me/you free". I have heard this line used so many times by so many different artists that its meaning is completely lost to me. Out of the hundreds of different artists I listen to, I wouldnt be suprised if over 90% of them have used this line somewhere in some album. Anyone know any other completely overused lines?

It seems to be a steadfast rule in classic rock bands that you have to describe somethinga s a "crying shame," as well as rhyming "reason" with "event of the season."

Hell, Rush even did that last one when they covered Mr. Soul on Feedback.

I always thought the word 'change' was used too often in songs like New World Man, and the fact that 'change is here to stay' and all that.... tongue.gif

QUOTE (cygnalschick @ Mar 8 2006, 08:41 AM)
I always thought the word 'change' was used too often in songs like New World Man, and the fact that 'change is here to stay' and all that.... tongue.gif

That immediately made me think of Changes by Yes (circa 1983) which is a great song, but I know what you mean.

For me, any time I hear the word "Love" it just turns me off. That includes "I love you", "you love me", "power of love" (sorry Huey), and "sea of love" (sorry Neil).

Archived