Red Hot Chili Peppers

DonnaWanna

The Red Hot Chili Peppers are on tap to headline Lollapalooza in Grant Park this summer, it was disclosed Tuesday.

Chili Peppers bassist Flea told MTV News that the multimillion-selling Southern California funk-punk quartet had agreed in principle to play the three-day festival, which returns to the Chicago lakefront for the second year in a row Aug. 4-6.

The concert would follow up the band's first studio release in four years, the 25-track double album "Stadium Arcadium," due out May 9. It would also mark their first Lollapalooza appearance since 1992, when they first became arena stars.

The festival's executive producer, Charlie Jones of Texas-based Capital Sports & Entertainment and Charles Attal Presents, said Flea's announcement wasn't authorized, but he didn't deny its authenticity.

"If it came from anybody else, I might get upset," he said of the flamboyant Flea. "But you can't."

Asked if the Chili Peppers would headline more than one night, he replied, "We're saving that [information] for later."

A lineup expected to include as many as 130 artists performing on eight stages spanning Hutchinson and Butler fields in Grant Park is to be announced next month, Jones said.

applaudit.gif

The Red Hot Chilli Peppers leave me stone cold. I've listened to quite a few tracks by them and they don't do a thing for me sorry.

Are you going to go Donna?

I've always been a kinda fan of the Peps...but recently I bought their greatest hits anthology with ALL their videos and tons of extra backstage footage and completely LOVED it. I'm getting into them a lot now. They are definitely a must see for me. Hmmmmm... road trip???

QUOTE (Daylin @ Mar 8 2006, 01:13 PM)
Donna, if you are coming to Chicago you better let me know! yes.gif 653.gif

Nahhh dont think so

I like em an all but im SAvin My $$$ for RushCon & a Truck.

Id Love to see em in concert tho thats for sure yes.gif

I been into em since Mothers Milk Cd

QUOTE (Daylin @ Mar 8 2006, 01:13 PM)
Donna, if you are coming to Chicago you better let me know! yes.gif 653.gif

laugh.gif

I will yes.gif

Archived