Offspring

barney_rebel

Every so often I just crank up Smash (1994).

I know their music isn't all that complex or anything, but man it's such a fun band!

I can't count how many times I've been kicked out of clubs slamming to "Self Esteem".

Such memories.

The first concert my 2 oldest boys saw was The Offspring, Sum 41 and Fenix TX about 4 years ago. During that show we got to sit in a special area because they were very young and they got a signed drum lid from the drummer. Very nice guys. The show was really cool and the boys had a blast.

BTW, the venue was a large bar where the stage was about 4 feet off the ground, you went straight off the stage out to the tour bus meaning there was no backstage. I dont think the venue held but maybe a thousand people. Very cool too because there was no problem at all meeting the band, unless of course they decided not to come out of the tour bus. See what living in a town of 150K people get ya!

Xnay on the Hombre was a sweet album, I think I lost my copy but I used to listen to it quite often.

The Offspring was what led to trash like Green Day. Once The Offspring broke out, we then had Green Day!

QUOTE (floydfanatic111 @ Mar 3 2006, 12:45 AM)
The Offspring was what led to trash like Green Day.

bumper.gif

Green Day is great! Dookie and American Idiot are punk rock masterpieces IMO.

Archived