One Billionth Song downloaded...

plodder

QUOTE (endlesslymocking @ Feb 24 2006, 11:26 AM)
Ha that's quite the prize!

I hope they warned people that they were close....I mean I'm sure that guy died of shock or something.

At least it was a slighty respectable song. I wish it was some 50 year old white guy downloading "My Humps". Comedic gold? yes.gif

QUOTE (2112-Rob-2112 @ Feb 24 2006, 05:27 PM)
wow that is a crazy prize..they are really trying to stop piracy heh.

Actually its not so much piracy with Itunes, people are paying for the music. And obviously its working very well, its been less then a year and already they have sold a billion songs, thats a billion dollar industry there selling music on iTunes now. I predict this trend is only going to grow more and more, and downloading music will replace buying cds as the main format of buying music.

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Feb 24 2006, 09:14 PM)
QUOTE (2112-Rob-2112 @ Feb 24 2006, 05:27 PM)
wow that is a crazy prize..they are really trying to stop piracy heh.

Actually its not so much piracy with Itunes, people are paying for the music. And obviously its working very well, its been less then a year and already they have sold a billion songs, thats a billion dollar industry there selling music on iTunes now. I predict this trend is only going to grow more and more, and downloading music will replace buying cds as the main format of buying music.

Literally one of the big things I'm afraid of.

I personally like the format - I'm sick and tired of buying albums for $15.00 and only getting 2 or three quality songs - I'd rather buy the songs individually and get my money's worth -

It certainly wouldn't be coldplay that's for sure -

But how will you make a collection if you don't buy ALL the albums? sad.gif

Sometimes, I buy an album - not for the music - but just for the album. ^_^ Music collector be I.

QUOTE (Steel Rat @ Feb 25 2006, 01:32 AM)
But how will you make a collection if you don't buy ALL the albums? sad.gif

Sometimes, I buy an album - not for the music - but just for the album. ^_^ Music collector be I.

Damn straight, I concur. If every user on this forum told me Caress of Steel sucked, if people at the music store threw gum in my hair, if the cashier pulled a shotgun on me, I would STILL purchase that album.

biggrin.gif

10 ipods? thats a large prize in itself!

then a mac.. nice, nice.

10,000 song bucks? can he spend it all???

a scholarship in his name??!?!?

FOR DOWNLOADING COLDPLAY?!

the answer is the world just ended. it wasnt a giant rock, or tiny robots. it just ended.

QUOTE (D-13 @ Feb 25 2006, 02:11 PM)
ugh....

I would rather buy CDs

I would too actually. I'm one of the people my age that really like CDs. IPods only give you the songs. If you buy the CD, you get liner notes, and band pictures and things like that.

Yeah, I'm definatly in agreement with all of you that I would rather have a physical copy of my music. If its just a digital file, I dont really feel like I own anything, even if I did buy it. I also dont think that digital media will completely knock out cds, there are too many people that still want to build a collection. But digital media is definatly a growing trend.

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Feb 25 2006, 08:14 PM)
Yeah, I'm definatly in agreement with all of you that I would rather have a physical copy of my music. If its just a digital file, I dont really feel like I own anything, even if I did buy it. I also dont think that digital media will completely knock out cds, there are too many people that still want to build a collection. But digital media is definatly a growing trend.

I was hoping digital downloading was just a passing teenage trend, but now... my parents use Itunes!!! 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif

QUOTE (thestand @ Feb 25 2006, 06:25 PM)
QUOTE (Moonraker @ Feb 25 2006, 08:14 PM)
Yeah, I'm definatly in agreement with all of you that I would rather have a physical copy of my music.  If its just a digital file, I dont really feel like I own anything, even if I did buy it.  I also dont think that digital media will completely knock out cds, there are too many people that still want to build a collection.  But digital media is definatly a growing trend.

I was hoping digital downloading was just a passing teenage trend, but now... my parents use Itunes!!! 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif

laugh.gif oh sh*t!

Yeah I don't think Digital will take over.

Archived