103 members have voted

1. 1. What is your least favorite?

• Bastille Day
    • I Think I'm Going Bald
    • Lakeside Park
    • The Necromancer
    • The Fountain Of Lamneth

Jeez, only one? laugh.gif

Poor ol' CoS, never gettin' much love...but most of us can see why!

I'm amused by "I Think I'm Going Bald," but I feel like I'm laughing with them...whereas I think, uh, I've kinda been laughing at them in the more over-the-top parts of The Necromancer. So I'll choose it as least fave.

I used to call its companion "The Fountain of Lameness"--but I actually like most of its parts. smile.gif

The easy choice: I Think I'm Going Bald.

Going Bald is actaully pretty good IMO. Sure the topic and lyrics may be stupid, but I enjoy the music itself, one of the last times you would hear that "hard rock" sound out of Rush.

I'll go with the Necromancer. Although I usually enjoy conceptual peices (including Fountain), this one just didn't do it for me.

QUOTE (2112-Rob-2112 @ Mar 24 2006, 12:33 PM)
I agree balds lyrics are pretty brutal..but the music is rockin.

Yes it is I like this song because of it's simplicity 2.gif

Worst??? They're all great! The most underated Rush album ever! What a fantastic work! Edited by rushbass

I don't care for The Necromancer at all, but I think I'm going bald is a close second tongue.gif

wow, it never occured to me just how difficult this album would be to choose a worst. Nothing on here is bad, with the possible exception of "Panacea", which is a snoozefest. Maybe "Fountain" should be split up into parts. Anyway, I chose "Lakeside Park" just because it doesnt really rock and Rush overplayed it back in the day. I love the song however. Hard to pick a worst here. I like "Going Bald", it rocks even though it's a bit trite lyrically.

I adore this album...but the two epics lack the punch of some of the later epics.

But do they deserve to be seen as worst songs? NOOOO

I dunno...I love them all...ITIGB is way to much fun to qualify, and LP and BD are two of my favourite Rush songs.