Billy Joel

Rush!

QUOTE (Larks @ Feb 22 2006, 04:41 PM)
we didnt start the fire is a great song.
3 years ago i saw him live in NY...
he preformed in times square and they blocked the streets laugh.gif

Awesome Larks!

No Drumnut, he's still touring. He may have stopped by now but he's been touring for the past few weeks.

HUGE Billy Joel fan. Especially his earlier material up until the time of the mid-80's. Albums like Turnstiles, The Stranger, Glass Houses, The Nylon Curtain.... omg they are amazing!!

And his greatest release by far.. is Songs In The Attic which are all live cuts. The man just performs the shit out those tunes. It's an explosive recording.

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

When I was like 7 i used to listen to Billy Joel all the time on my record player lol...since then I really havent listend to him much.

I used to have his record called like Broken glass or windows or something I cant remember. It was great though.

QUOTE (2112-Rob-2112 @ Feb 22 2006, 11:55 PM)
When I was like 7 i used to listen to Billy Joel all the time on my record player lol...since then I really havent listend to him much.

I used to have his record called like Broken glass or windows or something I cant remember. It was great though.

Was it Glass Houses?

I'm a casual fan of Joel. I heard that the new tour was very stripped down, leaving a straight up show. I wouldn't mind seeing it.

I'm a fan but my wife is even more so has everything he's done (except his classical recordings and his early heavy metal band called Attila the hun) Now that would be a hard one to find! We seen him with Elton John a couple of years ago fantastic show although tickets cost a small fortune the most I ever paid to see a concert. Would like to see him again by himself he really gets into it and connects with the audience.

Great performer ,Great songs... new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (Scheamer Dreamer @ Feb 23 2006, 10:13 AM)
you can't help but respect Billy for his work. far to often now a days songwriters write and performers perform. Billy Joel and Rush do it all. this is why i'm a fan of both.

yes.gif goodpost.gif

Ok, so I'm driving to work this morning with my MP3 player on shuffle anything. What comes on, but Vienna from The Stranger. Definitely amongst my all time favorite songs. My entire body changed when it started. My mood lightened, my pulse slowed, and I just felt great. All that was missing was a beer in my hand, my best girl next to me, and a bunch of friends singing along.

Then it took me back to when I was in high school at my senior prom. We got the DJ to play Goodnight Saigon from The Nylon Curtain. And there we were, just about every single person from the class of '86 in an unbroken circle surrounding the dance floor singing "And we would all go down together" at the top of our lungs. That's a good memory.

Thanks, Billy. You're the ultimate Piano Man trink39.gif

QUOTE (paganoman @ Feb 24 2006, 09:00 AM)

Then it took me back to when I was in high school at my senior prom. We got the DJ to play Goodnight Saigon from The Nylon Curtain. And there we were, just about every single person from the class of '86 in an unbroken circle surrounding the dance floor singing "And we would all go down together" at the top of our lungs. That's a good memory.

Thanks, Billy. You're the ultimate Piano Man trink39.gif

That's a cheerful song to play at the prom, C'mon everybody sing "We came in spastic Like tameless horses,We left in plastic as numbered corpses" pokey.gif No offense paganoman I know what you mean , sounds like a wonderful memory. smile.gif

QUOTE (softfilter @ Feb 24 2006, 12:18 PM)
QUOTE (paganoman @ Feb 24 2006, 09:00 AM)

Then it took me back to when I was in high school at my senior prom.  We got the DJ to play Goodnight Saigon from The Nylon Curtain.  And there we were, just about every single person from the class of '86 in an unbroken circle surrounding the dance floor singing "And we would all go down together" at the top of our lungs.  That's a good memory.

Thanks, Billy.  You're the ultimate Piano Man  trink39.gif

That's a cheerful song to play at the prom, C'mon everybody sing "We came in spastic Like tameless horses,We left in plastic as numbered corpses" pokey.gif No offense paganoman I know what you mean , sounds like a wonderful memory. smile.gif

laugh.gif I KNOW

QUOTE (paganoman @ Feb 22 2006, 05:00 PM)
HUGE Billy Joel fan.  Especially his earlier material up until the time of the mid-80's.  Albums like Turnstiles, The Stranger, Glass Houses, The Nylon Curtain....  omg they are amazing!!

And his greatest release by far.. is Songs In The Attic which are all live cuts.  The man just performs the shit out those tunes.  It's an explosive recording.

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I've got that one and I have to concur, he really kicks ass on that record, I especially get a charge out of Miami 2017 and Billy the Kid, great tunes

Archived