Bands that we hated then loved then hated again

floydfanatic111

Let's see. Duran Duran is at top of list. I hated them when I first heard them then I heard Union of the Snake and acquired Sevena nd the Ragged Tiger and then disposed of once I got Ozzy's Bark at the Moon a few weeks later as a 7 year old.

ELO is another. I hated them then I liked them now I can't stand theem anymore.

Kansas. I didn't like then I liked now I don't like again

Metallica. I hated them then I liked them then hated them as well.

Queensryche I didn't like in early to mid-80s then liked around Empire then gave up on after Q2K and the new Mindcrime has me bored to tears.

Aerosmith is another. I hated them then I liked them then hated again then liked again and then despised as of 2001.

U2 of course. I hated them and then liked them then hated again then liked again now can't stand!

Aerosmith, for sure.

For a while there I at least appreciated their 70s classics - "Dream On" and the like - but now I can't even stand those, because they're overplayed. And their 80s and 90s stuff all sounds alike to me.

When Aerosmith comes on the radio, I change the station.

Ummm.................Green Day is one...Never really liked em, and then American Idiot was my favorite record of 2004/2005, but I just got so sick of seeing them on every MTV thing ever, and they were milking American Idiot for like 2 years after it came out...I haven't listened to that album in months.

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Feb 20 2006, 05:00 PM)
Aerosmith, for sure.

For a while there I at least appreciated their 70s classics - "Dream On" and the like - but now I can't even stand those, because they're overplayed. And their 80s and 90s stuff all sounds alike to me.

When Aerosmith comes on the radio, I change the station.

Aerosmith, or Aero Supply as I like calling them, went to Hell for me after their infamous 2001 appearance at The Super Bowl with OuttaSync, Mary Crackw*ore Blige, Smelly Nelly and B*tchney Sneers. Her singing Walk This Way with them made me detest Aero Supply once and for all. They said they were bulletproof. Just Push Play tanked despite selling a million, Dave Matthews' Everyday outsold Just Push Play or shall I say Just Hit Stop! Many Aero-Supply fans abandoned them afterwards. At least Rush not ever stooped that low. One odd pairing that did work was Tom Jones and David Gilmour when David played lead guitar on a version of Purple Rain Tom recorded and filmed on his mini-series The Right Time on the BBC in June of 1992.

Archived