Oxegen Lineup confirmed

madra sneachta

The initial Oxegen festival Lineup has just been announced - The Who was expected, but the inclusion of Manu Chao has removed any doubt from my mind. I'm going!!!!.

Saturday July 8th

The Who

The Strokes

Bellx1

Primal Scream

Arctic Monkeys

Richard Ashcroft

Sunday July 9th

Red Hot Chilli Peppers

Franz Ferdinand

Kaiser Chiefs

Sigur Ros

Manu Chao

Damian Marley

This by and large mirrors the T In The Park festival in Scotland, so Milton Bridge, ABZ and anyone else considering going to it, my recommendation of the weekend is Manu Chao (ex leader and founder member of Mano Negra) - A glorious amalgam of punk, funk, reggae and ska sung in Spanish, French and English. Genius of the highest order.

What a line up for Sunday!!

I could do something else while the Kaiser Chiefs and Franz Ferdinand are on, but the others are gold.

I too am a big Manu fan: Je Ne T'aime Plus, Clanestino, I love them. And good music to have for when one has female company...

What do you reckon to Sigur Ros? I can't decide between pretentious nonesense and genius...

Disco

Bar Richard Ashcroft, who in my opinion, is a remarkably uninspiring artist, the Saturday line up ROCKS!!

Bought the Arctic Monkeys today!! Very exciting stuff. I hear Buzzcocks, early Cure, Squeeze, Libertines, Supergrass, Wire, Gang of four, not a bad thing at all. They might just be worth the hype.

Sunday - Manu Chao and Sigur Ros aside, it needs a bit of work. Not the Chillies again!!! They bore the pants off me, I have to say.

QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Feb 20 2006, 12:54 PM)
The initial Oxegen festival Lineup has just been announced - The Who was expected, but the inclusion of Manu Chao has removed any doubt from my mind. I'm going!!!!.

Saturday July 8th

The Who
The Strokes
Bellx1
Primal Scream
Arctic Monkeys
Richard Ashcroft

Sunday July 9th

Red Hot Chilli Peppers
Franz Ferdinand
Kaiser Chiefs
Sigur Ros
Manu Chao
Damian Marley

This by and large mirrors the T In The Park festival in Scotland, so Milton Bridge, ABZ and anyone else considering going to it, my recommendation of the weekend is Manu Chao (ex leader and founder member of Mano Negra) - A glorious amalgam of punk, funk, reggae and ska sung in Spanish, French and English. Genius of the highest order.

I am so pissed off - I have being going to T in The Park for years, this year I was in Tenerife on holiday when the tickets went on sale and it sold out within hours. I tried to get my father in law to book them to no avail. sad.gif

I think a lot of guys are hitting T in the Park instead of Glastonbury this year.

I was tempted by Oxegen but my wife put her foot down since she is expecting a baby two weeks later

Archived