Power Ballads

Hatchetaxe&saw

I was listening to "The Essential Cheap Trick" in the car yesterday, great stuff indeed.

BUT, like a lot of great bands, (stand up Aerosmith, for one) they went down the power ballad route, with an awful song called "The Flame". I think it even got to No. 1 in the States!

I know it's easy money, but diminished artistic credibility is the cost.

Anyway, I hate them, every one I've ever heard, what do you think?

I really don't buy those 80s hair bands singing power ballads. The whole rest of the album is about coke and hookers and stuff like that, and then the big single is the sappy power ballad that really sounds more like Phil Collins than any hard rock band, yet this stuff gets credibility for some reason.

The exception is Guns N' Roses...To me, Axl sounds COMPLETELY convincing singing Back off Bitch and November Rain on the same album.

Come on folks. Most of the Power Ballads suck balls without a doubt, but everyone has a guilty power ballad pleasure. I hate most of them except "Fly to the Angels" by Slaughter ph34r.gif I do however totally dispise almost all Hair Bands.

QUOTE (Batman @ Feb 11 2006, 11:10 AM)
Nothing else Matters was the Begin of the end for Metallica

It really bites when a bad goes down this route 062802puke_prv.gif

I quite agree! "And Justice for All" seemed to mark the end of the Great!! METALLICA sad.gif

Archived