Sly Stone at the Grammys

rushgoober

Ok, now I'm no big fan of Sly Stone and the Family Stone (or the Grammys for that matter), but I am familiar with his big hits. The much touted return of Sly Stone after 19 years outside of the public eye on the Grammy awards had to be one of the most disappointing and embarrassing things I've ever seen on television.

Basically he was introduced, but it was not yet him - it was a HUGE band made of rock instruments and a horn section and had a slew of well-known people doing a medley of his songs. Finally after 5 mintues or so, Stephen Tyler of Aerosmith introduced Sly Stone.

He came out with this huge off-yellow mohawk, sunglasses and some kind of bad 70's outfit - he came up and looked like he was playing the keyboards, but seemed to accomplish nothing as I couldn't hear any sounds that sounded any different from before he started to play. He sang a bit, most of which was inaudible, but when it wasn't, it was very mediocre. After about a minute of him doing almost nothing he walked offstage as everyone else continued to play.

Basically it was about 50 people on stage in a huge medley spectacle designed entirely to distract from the fact that this guy no longer had any talent. They should be ashamed of themselves for allowing this musical travesty to occur. Then again, it is the GRAMMY'S! wacko.gif

Archived