GTA: San Andreas

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

OMG I have been waiting a long time.....but not as much for Halo 2!!! I don't have PS2 so I'm always waiting for the PC version which takes another year or so.....GTA is the best!! biggrin.gif

I am extremely excited for it to come out. Lol, I think the last game I bought was Vice City over a year ago. My only problem is that my computer has been crapped out for hte last year and havent been able to play 3D games in almost half a year. I am looking around at new comps to use as a gaming platform, and will then enthrall myself in San Andreas.

The playing area is five times bigger than Vice City! I'm also curious as to who the voice talent will be. Vice City had many pleasant surprises (Ray Liotta, Burt Reynolds, Luiz Guzman, Dennis Hopper, Tom Sizemore, et al.), and I expect the same in the new one. They've been completely mum on who's doing voices, but if I could pick any actor to play the main character, who is black, it would be Samuel L. Jackson.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Oct 23 2004, 11:40 PM)
The playing area is five times bigger than Vice City! I'm also curious as to who the voice talent will be. Vice City had many pleasant surprises (Ray Liotta, Burt Reynolds, Luiz Guzman, Dennis Hopper, Tom Sizemore, et al.), and I expect the same in the new one. They've been completely mum on who's doing voices, but if I could pick any actor to play the main character, who is black, it would be Samuel L. Jackson.

I'm very interested in seeing what kind of soundtrack they put in the game. The nearly 100 songs they put in Vice City as well as the option to add your own music to the mp3 station vastly increased its replay value, at least for me. I was never the biggest new wave fan before I got the game, and just last friday I picked up a Gary Numan album from hearing Cars over and over, lol.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Oct 24 2004, 03:40 AM)
They've been completely mum on who's doing voices, but if I could pick any actor to play the main character, who is black, it would be Samuel L. Jackson.

I can tell you that it isn't Samuel L. Jackson. All I know is that its some little known rapper who will be doing CJ's voice.

QUOTE (kazzman @ Oct 24 2004, 12:23 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Oct 24 2004, 03:40 AM)
They've been completely mum on who's doing voices, but if I could pick any actor to play the main character, who is black, it would be Samuel L. Jackson.

I can tell you that it isn't Samuel L. Jackson. All I know is that its some little known rapper who will be doing CJ's voice.

Oh well. It'll still be good. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

My favorite things about the game:

San Andreas is a state, not a city.

You can rob houses.

You can hijack a train.

You have to work out and stay in shape.

You can swim.

A sh!itload of other things that I can't think of right now.

Sweet!!! 5 times bigger....oh man this calls for some major mapping skills! lol yea the actors in vicecity...especially ray! Sweet thanks for the info Kazz! That sounds soooo cool....robbing houses and the such....I like the police....lol they are pretty funny at times. laugh.gif trink36.gif

Soooo....one can actually play games on the computer, eh? Interesting....

(I'm so clueless smile.gif)

icon_really_happy_guy.gif

I just hope people won't flip out like they did like last time....or was it GTA3? I can't remember....but people were trying to get the game banned because of the violence and stuff....I remember there was rumour in suggesting that they changed the game for PC so it was less violent....but it never did. At least this was in Canada! I don't know about the States..... trink36.gif

QUOTE (D-13 @ Oct 24 2004, 01:06 PM)
I just hope people won't flip out like they did like last time....or was it GTA3? I can't remember....but people were trying to get the game banned because of the violence and stuff....I remember there was rumour in suggesting that they changed the game for PC so it was less violent....but it never did. At least this was in Canada! I don't know about the States..... trink36.gif

Wouldnt suprise me for GTA 3. When Vice City came out, the voilent matter in it wasnt that far off from 3. GTA 3 was a new kind of game at the time and probably disturbed more people. I also hadnt heard about all the new game features you listed Kazzman. I am salivating right now reading those features. I cant tell you how pissed off it makes me when I am getting chased by cops on the boat and I have to get on one of those structures in the middle of the water to be able to blow things up. Then I end up accidentally blowing up my own boat and become stranded. And 5 times the size of VC?!?!?!? Holy crap, that was one of the best things I liked about VC is that it took me at least a month to actually get around to exploring everywhere. Always loved that aspect of the game that I felt completely lost in a huge place when I started playing.

Ok damn it, I need to get off my moon.gif and find me a new comp so I can play it.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Oct 24 2004, 04:22 PM)
QUOTE (Moonraker @ Oct 24 2004, 06:46 PM)

Ok damn it, I need to get off my moon.gif and find me a new comp so I can play it.

Only the PS2 version will be on sale this week. The X-Box and PC versions probably won't be released for a while.

Ok good then, i got some time. I never liked the console versions of the game. Terrible terrible loading times.

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Oct 25 2004, 07:34 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Oct 25 2004, 03:32 PM)
CLICK HERE for the cast listing.

Hey look, Sam Jackson IS in this game, lol. Good call. Ken Rosenburgs character is reappearing in this? Lol, what game couldnt used a coked out ambulance chaser?

And it's the same actor (William Fichtner) playing Rosenberg. But I'm psyched about Samuel L.!

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Oct 25 2004, 05:24 PM)
QUOTE (Moonraker @ Oct 25 2004, 07:34 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Oct 25 2004, 03:32 PM)
CLICK HERE for the cast listing.

Hey look, Sam Jackson IS in this game, lol. Good call. Ken Rosenburgs character is reappearing in this? Lol, what game couldnt used a coked out ambulance chaser?

And it's the same actor (William Fichtner) playing Rosenberg. But I'm psyched about Samuel L.!

SWEET! Ken is awesome! lol this is going to be a great game!!! Ice T is in it too sweet deal! common001.gif

heres the soundtrack that is coming out.....I guess it's some of the songs....pretty cool I see they have some Heart in there!!! wicked!

CD 1

1. The Theme From San Andreas

2. Rage Against The Machine - Killing In The Name

3. 2 Pac - I Don't Give A f*ck

4. James Brown - The Payback

5. Ronnie Hudson - West Coast Poplock6. Guy - Groove Me

7. Eddie Money - Two Tickets To Paradise

8. Cypress Hill - How I Could Just Kill A Man

9. The Maytals - Pressure Drop

10. Slick Rick - Children's Story

11. Rick James - Cold Blooded

12. Raze - Break 4 Love

CD 2

1. Ohio Players - Funky Worm

2. Heart - Barracuda

3. Compton's Most Wanted - Hood Took Me Under

4. Lyn Collins - Think About It

5. Public Enemy - Rebel Without A Pause

6. Faith No More - Midlife Crisis

7. Bell Biv Devoe - Poison

8. Max Romeo & The Upsetters - Chase The Devil

9. Eric B & Rakim - I Know You Got Soul

10. Willie Nelson - Crazy

Bonus Track:

11. AFI - Head Like A Hole

I'm hoping they will have a lot more songs in the game then whats on the soundtrack. Like I said before a few times, the Vice City soundtrack was just phenomenol, added so much replay value to the game. I was but 2 years old when that game was supposed to take place, but in terms of songs that they put on there, they really made it feel like you were in '86.

BTW, what is with everyone doing covers all of the sudden?? What, was NIN's version of Head Like A Hole not good enough? They had better have some other songs from Pretty Hate Machine, or Broken even if they want me happy laugh.gif

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Oct 25 2004, 10:13 PM)
I'm hoping they will have a lot more songs in the game then whats on the soundtrack. Like I said before a few times, the Vice City soundtrack was just phenomenol, added so much replay value to the game. I was but 2 years old when that game was supposed to take place, but in terms of songs that they put on there, they really made it feel like you were in '86.

BTW, what is with everyone doing covers all of the sudden?? What, was NIN's version of Head Like A Hole not good enough? They had better have some other songs from Pretty Hate Machine, or Broken even if they want me happy laugh.gif

They have a shitload of songs on the game, but the ones they put on the sound track apparently were the best ones that they thought were on the game. Smells Like Teen Spirit not one of the best? C'mon.

Archived