Official Dream Theater Thread

Tick

I just saw what the encore is, and HOLY SHIT. Makes me wish they were coming back to Vancouver.

Well, they´re playing in Toronto in November...

That's a bit further than an eight hour drive. Last time they were in Vancouver on the Along For The Ride World Tour, James said they'd be back next year. That was in 2014, and this is their second time through North America since then, and they still haven't returned.

I am yet to buy tickets for the Toronto show...which is weird because they´re one of my favourite bands.

Same here and I don't know why.

I saw the Astonishing tour and thought it was friggin' awesome. I almost wonder if subconsciously I'm afraid to see James attempt "Another Day" in front of my daughter and crash & burn :fury:

• Like 1

I just saw what the encore is, and HOLY SHIT. Makes me wish they were coming back to Vancouver.

Hopefully the air raid horn makes an appearance!

So the show I was going to has apparently been cancelled. Here's the message from the venue:

“The Dream Theater show has been cancelled due to unforeseeable circumstances involving the size of the show production. Refunds available at point of purchase.”

Well f**k you too then m***********!

In my 25 years of going to concerts i've had very few shows get cancelled and i've most certainly never heard this lame ass excuse for cancelling a show before. Usually most bands will play the gig and work around the issue. I wonder what the stage production problem could be that the only solution was to not do the show?

• Like 1

That's a shame...I read about other shows on the upcoming tour being cancelled and/or rescheduled to different venues. I wonder why.

Oh really?

I didn't know that. Time for me to go lurking on the Dream Theater forums again and see what the diehard fans are saying about it.

When I saw Iron Maiden play the local amphitheater here in 2012, the stage wasn't big enough for them to bring out the giant Eddie they had when they played Seventh Son. Bruce complained about it to the crowd but that's Bruce and that's what he does. But the band just did the song without the prop. They weren't a bunch of spoiled bitches who cancelled shit because something wasn't to their liking. They were pros, played the show and did the best they could given the circumstances.

After some brief looking around on the Dream Theater forums it seems like my show might be moved to one of two venues in Rochester. That city is only an hour from here so it's doable if I decide to go. The may play the main street armory. They've played there before and it's a big general admission venue. Hopefully the place meets the top tier standards that these assholes want.

All complaints aside, I would more than likely see them in Rochester if it's on the same night the show here was supposed to be. The second set and the encore are worth it.

I am yet to buy tickets for the Toronto show...which is weird because they´re one of my favourite bands.

Same here and I don't know why.

I saw the Astonishing tour and thought it was friggin' awesome. I almost wonder if subconsciously I'm afraid to see James attempt "Another Day" in front of my daughter and crash & burn :fury:

I wouldn't mind them honoring the anniversary, but at least give me a new tune or two to give me a reason for going.

Or just play Images and Words and The Astonishing. I'd be up for that.

“The Dream Theater show has been cancelled due to unforeseeable circumstances involving the size of the show production.”

I wonder what that means...their stage is usually just lights and a big screen in the back. Do they have their own mascot coming on stage now?

• Like 1

“The Dream Theater show has been cancelled due to unforeseeable circumstances involving the size of the show production.”

I wonder what that means...their stage is usually just lights and a big screen in the back. Do they have their own mascot coming on stage now?

Did this happen for your show in Toronto?

Did this happen for your show in Toronto?

Not that I'm aware of...but I haven't bought the tickets for it yet.

The one thing I'll never like is that "Six O'clock on a Christmas Morning! Six O'clock on a Christmas Morning! " Who the hell thought that was a good idea???

Kevin Moore did. This was the exact time when he decided he wanted to quit the band.

The one thing I'll never like is that "Six O'clock on a Christmas Morning! Six O'clock on a Christmas Morning! " Who the hell thought that was a good idea???

Kevin Moore did. This was the exact time when he decided he wanted to quit the band.

He deserved to be fired after that, it sounds daft. If I'd been in the band or the producer and I heard that bit I'd just say: "Ok STOP! Don't ever do that bit again. I want it wiped from the tapes. I want it gone!"

6:00 is a great tune, and I see nothing wrong with the 6:00 on a Christmas morning sample.

Even better live. Would have been great to hear Kevin do it live though.

I've been labeled a DT HATER on here over the many years, yet I used to LOVE THEM!

"6:00" is one of the greatest songs ever made!!! It's a fun song to play on my drums even though it's a tough one! Love those octobans!

• Like 3

It means they ran out of tight leather pants for James to wear.

The same guy who thought "He doesn't love you, he wants to put you away in some box" or whatever I think :D

• Like 1

I like Dream Theater.

I've liked them a lot in the past.

I've cared for them a little less in the more recent pass.

I like them a lot more in the even more recent past, as in the past few weeks and especially days.

My dad and I just got Awake, which no one ever told me was their best album, or at least the best one that'd I'd have heard yet if I were to listen to it. IMO, blows Images away, great as Images is, blows ADToE away, as epic as that is, blows Octavarium away, great as the title track is, and blows 6DoIT away, great as the suite is. Probably blows the Astonishing away too, but I've still only gotten through half of that album.

Awake is my new favorite Dream Theater album, the mini suite with Voices in it might be my new favorite Dream Theater piece, and lastly Space-Dye Vest is so awesome. I should've gotten this thing YEARS ago.

What do folks here think of Awake in comparison to the rest of their discography?

• Like 1