Official Dream Theater Thread

Tick

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Dec 10 2005, 03:06 AM)
If I didn't know any better, I'd think I was in a Dream Theater thread on a Rush board! tongue.gif

Off hand I can't even think of one DT song. I know that from this board I'm curious to hear them. Maybe I have heard them, but if I did then they obviously weren't much for me to NOTICE them. All I can say is that from what I've read, I think Portney is a douche. But until I hear them, i can't really make a call on their music. I think my buddy, GhostWriter, has been talking about them to me lately, so he must have some of their stuff. I'll have him burn me some of what he thinks is good and we'll see.

But yeah... you ARE in a DT thread. It's not a DREAM. tongue.gif

QUOTE (Dreamline @ Dec 10 2005, 12:56 AM)
QUOTE (D-13 @ Dec 9 2005, 10:16 PM)

He was just asking a question...settle down...

When someone poses a question as "dreamline what the f**k are you talking about!!!! " I guess I just get kinda twitchy. Maybe it's not me that needs to "settle down" sad.gif

laugh.gif true... trink39.gif

QUOTE (Dreamline @ Dec 9 2005, 11:59 PM)
QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Dec 9 2005, 11:53 PM)
And they play these songs exactly like the originals. Sure, it's impressive that they can recreate those, but what makes a cover great is when they make it somehow their own, and Dream Theater fails to do that, instead recreating what has already been done exactly.

Someone hasn't listened to Change of Seasons as closely as they claim.

It's well known amongst Deep Purple fans that the song Perfect Strangers is about the only Blackmore-era tune that doesn't really feature a guitar solo - yet on the DT cover there is an extended solo from John Petrucci.

Exactly like the original? I don't think so.

I'm actually not very familiar with Deep Purple's work...

But Bohemian Rhapsody? The Zeppelin medley? Yeah, exactly the same.

QUOTE (queenshall @ Dec 8 2005, 07:52 AM)
wink.gif Tick.... what would you recomend to novice dream theater listener ?? wink.gif

http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/B000002JPA.03.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

http://www.songlyricscollection.com/lyrics/d/dream-theater/scenes-from-a-memory/scenes-from-a-memory.jpg

Metropolis Pt. 2: Scenes From a Memory is an epic concept album based on Metropolis from the Images and Words album. SFAM is DT's best selling and IMO greatest recording achievement. It is also virtuoso keyboardist Jordan Rudess' first album with the band.

wink.gif Tick.... what would you recomend to novice dream theater listener ?? wink.gif

http://www.songlyricscollection.com/lyrics/d/dream-theater/scenes-from-a-memory/scenes-from-a-memory.jpg

Metropolis Pt. 2: Scenes From a Memory is an epic concept album based on Metropolis from the Images and Words album. SFAM is DT's best selling and IMO greatest recording achievement. It is also virtuoso keyboardist Jordan Rudess' first album with the band.

to all the dream theater bashers,blah blah blah,im tired of hearing why you dont like the band.i dont care if you like them or not,im more interested in hearing from people who do.if you dont like dream theater dont waste your time here.

thank you. tick bekloppt.gif

• Like 1

QUOTE (ALifeson85 @ Dec 10 2005, 12:09 AM)
I personally LOVE Dream Theater, but what I think is funny is that a while back, I started a Green Day thread, that didnt even get HALF as much bashing, than I have seen on DT threads...which to ME is VERY VERY odd! confused13.gif LOL. But, oh well.. sarcasm.gif

I missed a Green Day bashing? doh.gif

QUOTE (invisibleairwaves @ Dec 10 2005, 11:38 AM)
QUOTE (ALifeson85 @ Dec 10 2005, 12:09 AM)
I personally LOVE Dream Theater, but what I think is funny is that a while back, I started a Green Day thread, that didnt even get HALF as much bashing, than I have seen on DT threads...which to ME is VERY VERY odd!  confused13.gif  LOL. But, oh well..  sarcasm.gif

I missed a Green Day bashing? doh.gif

It actually wasn't as much of a bashing as you would have liked.

Green Day are fake punks! Plastic punk. Dream Theater are better than Green Day. American Idiot is a poor London Calling if you ask me!
  • Like 1

QUOTE (tick @ Dec 10 2005, 02:30 PM)
to all the dream theater bashers,blah blah blah,im tired of hearing why you dont like the band.i dont care if you like them or not,im more interested in hearing from people who do.if you dont like dream theater dont waste your time here.

nuff said.

QUOTE (tick @ Dec 10 2005, 02:30 PM)

Then what's the point of starting up a thread titled "The official Dream Theater thread" on a free message board if you don't want to hear both sides of an argument or other peoples opinions?

QUOTE (Dreamline @ Dec 10 2005, 12:56 AM)
QUOTE (D-13 @ Dec 9 2005, 10:16 PM)

He was just asking a question...settle down...

When someone poses a question as "dreamline what the f**k are you talking about!!!! " I guess I just get kinda twitchy. Maybe it's not me that needs to "settle down" sad.gif

I am sorry if that is the impression that you got, because that wasnt at all what I was saying. I was just confused why the conversation, which was talking about the band Dream Theatre, all of the sudden switched directions to some lady who was making claims that Rush had malicious meanings in thier songs. It just seemed to me like that conversation just came out of nowhere. No one said she was also saying stuff about DT, so I had no idea it was related.

i wanted to irritate dream theater haters by telling them not to post here. biggrin.gif p.s. kaz i laugh everytime i see more cowbell.

OK this has GONE TOO FAR!!!!! Thanks guys, fricking THANKS!!!

OK, I was at Tower Records in Manhattan today and I bumped into this guy and he dropped the shopping bags he had in his hand. He must have seen my Rush Signals tour T-shirt or something because he said "Oh, so since you are a RUSH fan you think you can walk anywhere you want knocking peoples bags out of their hands".......I said "sorry man, it was an accident"......Then I noticed he was wearing a Dream Theater shirt. He said "ya, I know your kind, you Rush fans think you are above everyone else and can just DO WHATEVER YOU WANT". He said "Oh, you can listen to Rush but you think you are too good to listen to other great bands like Dream Theater, I know your kind"

I didn't really know what to say, the guy seemed really pissed off and it was just an accident. But he kept getting more and more pissed and he pushed me on the shoulder and he said "Lets end this fight right here and now, lets prove that Dream Theater fans are tougher than Rush fans and Dream Theater deserves RESPECT from you damn Rush fans" He then hit me in the face and he said "THIS IS FOR NeilPeartFan2112" Then he hit me in the stomach and said "This is for Moonraker" and he hit me like 10 times saying different names of people here so I know me getting beat up has something to do with you guys!!! He was way to fast, I couldnt hit him back he kept moving out of the way. Those DT fans are FAST!!!

I just wish you all would settle your differences with the DT fans because I am tired of getting beat up.

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Dec 11 2005, 02:17 AM)
One good thing I can say about DT...it sure helped with my insomnia...

schla03.gif

tongue.gif

what a dork!