Official Dream Theater Thread

Tick

Dream Theater is currently rehearsing for their upcoming summer tour of Europe which starts in Minsk, Belarus on June 25. Here's a photo of Jordan Rudess and Mike Mangini in rehearsals! It's gonna be very exciting to see what songs they play on tour!

https://www.facebook...?type=1

Also, I expect that we will in the coming 2-4 weeks have detailed info about DT's upcoming new album which they started recording in February. According to James LaBrie they will start touring the album in January 2016. That tour will see my first DT concert.

I hope we get another great album. they're on a roll with the past 2. I thank Mangini for the re-newed energy.

Mick

• Like 2

Dream Theater is currently rehearsing for their upcoming summer tour of Europe which starts in Minsk, Belarus on June 25. Here's a photo of Jordan Rudess and Mike Mangini in rehearsals! It's gonna be very exciting to see what songs they play on tour!

Also, I expect that we will in the coming 2-4 weeks have detailed info about DT's upcoming new album which they started recording in February. According to James LaBrie they will start touring the album in January 2016. That tour will see my first DT concert.

I hope we get another great album. they're on a roll with the past 2. I thank Mangini for the re-newed energy.

Mick

I hope it will be an album that features good melodic prog metal just like the previous two they've done with Mangini behind the kit. I agree that Mangini truly has re-newed the energy in the band, especially since their last two albums with Portnoy are too hard rocking for my taste. When I listen Systematic Chaos and Black Clouds, what I hear is a band that says "we're gonna write as hard rocking songs as just possible, no one will ever be able to rock harder than this bla bla bla" But anyway, I'm truly looking forward to their new album!

• Like 1

Mick

I hope it will be an album that features good melodic prog metal just like the previous two they've done with Mangini behind the kit. I agree that Mangini truly has re-newed the energy in the band, especially since their last two albums with Portnoy are too hard rocking for my taste. When I listen Systematic Chaos and Black Clouds, what I hear is a band that says "we're gonna write as hard rocking songs as just possible, no one will ever be able to rock harder than this bla bla bla" But anyway, I'm truly looking forward to their new album!

To be fair the whole band wasn't saying then.........just Portnoy.

Did i mention i'm so happy he's gone, lol

Mick

• Like 1

Mick

To be fair the whole band wasn't saying then.........just Portnoy.

Did i mention i'm so happy he's gone, lol

Mick

True that. When Mangini became their new drummer, they finally became a democracy.

• Like 1

Dream Theater is currently on tour in Europe so far having played shows in Belarus and Poland. The set list has been the same for both gigs and they're playing one song from each album. Below is the setlist from the opening night in Belarus.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/dream-theater/2015/palace-of-sports-minsk-belarus-53c96b61.html

• Like 1

Dream Theater is currently on tour in Europe so far having played shows in Belarus and Poland. The set list has been the same for both gigs and they're playing one song from each album. Below is the setlist from the opening night in Belarus.

http://www.setlist.f...s-53c96b61.html

The setlist goes in chronological order too. It´s great that they brought back Burning My Soul and ACOS, and finally dug out Behind the Veil. I wonder if The Bigger Picture will also be played on the upcoming tour.

I just don't like people growling/belching at me in music, lol it does sound like a prolonged belch, lol

if it's beauty to some......you growl to your heart's content.

Mick

My meds give me irritable bowels. Everyday is a like a death metal concert for me!

That's some funny shit man. Get it?

Dream Theater needs to grow a spine and fire Jordan. The ultimate control freak who wears a stupid Merlin hat on stage.

He is a buffoon.

BRING BACK KEVIN MOORE!!!!

• Like 1

Jordan Rudess is the new Mike Portnoy. Must be that stupid EGO TRIP BEARD BULLSHIT THING.

One is blue. One is white. Who will wear the red beard?

Maybe Uncle Sam knows the answer.

Dream Theater = Steroids, EGOS, Text Books, A Bass You Can Never Hear, and a voice that makes dogs howl, skin crawl and blind mole rats mate.....................

• Like 2

Jordan Rudess is the new Mike Portnoy. Must be that stupid EGO TRIP BEARD BULLSHIT THING.

Dream Theater = Steroids, EGOS, Text Books, A Bass You Can Never Hear, and a voice that makes dogs howl, skin crawl and blind mole rats mate.....................

:LOL:

:LOL:

:D-13: :D-13: :D-13: :D-13: :D-13: :D-13:

Here's an interview with James LaBrie and John Petrucci recorded backstage at Wacken Festival in Germany where DT played July 31st 2015. Petrucci says the recording of their new album has gone well and it will be released early next year. Personally, I can't wait!

https://youtu.be/3mvoeDDAbDc

• Like 3

Here's an interview with James LaBrie and John Petrucci recorded backstage at Wacken Festival in Germany where DT played July 31st 2015. Petrucci says the recording of their new album has gone well and it will be released early next year. Personally, I can't wait!

https://youtu.be/3mvoeDDAbDc

Me too. they're on a role. The past 2 records were awesome!

so ready, lol

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 2

So apparently over the past year or so I've slowly (accidentally) gotten my dad really into Dream Theater and now they're like 50% of what he listens to in his free time. I mean, I've also discovered how awesome they are in this time, but my dad may actually be more into them than me...

I guess that's just poetic justice since he got me into Rush, and while we both love Rush, I love them much more than him. :LOL:

• Like 2

I quite liked Train of Thought especially the last 2 songs

Not sure wtf happened with that album, I used to like it but I've kinda gone off it now.

I used to think it was so okay, it's average. Now, I really like it more now. To me, I&W through Octvarium ranges from great to masterpieces. Then they had their lame period with SC and BC&SL. ADTOE I liked, but left a lot to be desired IMO. Self-titled was awesome in comparison; Illumination Theory is up their with the rest of the DT epics IMO.

• Like 1

I quite liked Train of Thought especially the last 2 songs

Not sure wtf happened with that album, I used to like it but I've kinda gone off it now.

I used to think it was so okay, it's average. Now, I really like it more now. To me, I&W through Octvarium ranges from great to masterpieces. Then they had their lame period with SC and BC&SL. ADTOE I liked, but left a lot to be desired IMO. Self-titled was awesome in comparison; Illumination Theory is up their with the rest of the DT epics IMO.

Dude, spot on!