Who was your first favorite band?

PuppetKing2112

When I was seven, I liked Elvis.

062802puke_prv.gif

I probably shouldn't admit that outside of a therapist's office.

Later, I liked the Eagles, who have been relegated to progressive muzak in retail outlets (and rightfully so). I saw them in '79 I think, during the Long Run Tour. That was my first concert.

They weren't old back then. wink.gif

thank god my tastes have matured over the years. If only the rest of me didn't have to mature w/ it.

And I think the Walsh era was much better myself.

2.gif

When i was a little kid, my favorite song was called TIMOTHY by a band called THE BUOYS. I think only Madra would be familiar with them. laugh.gif Oddly it was a song about a mine cave in where the survivors had to eat one of their own to continue to survive. They had to kill the lad to do so. I believe the story is based on fact from a local disaster in my area. Turns out the Buoys were a local band. I had no idea at the time. But for many years as a very young child THE BUOYS were my first favorite band.

Later and until RUSH... KISS would hold that spot. This is MORE influential as they had many more years of dominance and a far greater catalog. laugh.gif

my fav band was Breaking Benjamin

I was crazy over them for so long mainly until they kicked out their drummer then they kinda lost the position of "favorite"...The I started listening to more..and more...and more rush..and BOOM Rush is now my favorite smile.gif

QUOTE (tick @ Feb 13 2006, 11:10 AM)
i went mental over kiss when i was 13.

Whoa, me too! They're still one of my favorite bands of all time. trink39.gif

I got into The Bob Seger System and Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band at a young age. Has been one of my favorite song writers of all time.

aerosmith in the early seventies, and ted nugent as well early seventies and of course zeppelin from 1970 on when i was around ten, my sis had them and they rocked!! most excellent!!!

I loved Twisted Sister when I was in kindergarten laugh.gif "We're not gonna take it!" That was my first cassette tape ever purchased. 1022.gif

Archived