Overlooked songs for live performances

Pags

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Oct 23 2004, 05:50 PM)
QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Oct 23 2004, 10:47 AM)
I don't know if Leave That Thing Alone has been mentioned here or not, I haven't kept up with posts the last week, but it is in my opinion the best instrumental ever written by Rush.

I have to agree. I was disapointed that they decided to get rid of this song on the 30 tour.

Just buy the RIR DVD. It's on there.. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (Dave T. @ Oct 23 2004, 03:27 PM)
QUOTE (Moonraker @ Oct 23 2004, 05:50 PM)
QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Oct 23 2004, 10:47 AM)
I don't know if Leave That Thing Alone has been mentioned here or not, I haven't kept up with posts the last week, but it is in my opinion the best instrumental ever written by Rush.

I have to agree. I was disapointed that they decided to get rid of this song on the 30 tour.

Just buy the RIR DVD. It's on there.. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Already own it, still love the song. cool.gif

Leave that thing alone? How bout When the night is black with out a Moon? Does any body remember Witch Hunt?..they only just played it for the first time on the vapor trails tour?.. yes.gif

QUOTE (slacker @ Oct 24 2004, 04:02 AM)
Leave that thing alone? How bout When the night is black with out a Moon? Does any body remember Witch Hunt?..they only just played it for the first time on the vapor trails tour?.. yes.gif

no.gif

guess again.

QUOTE (slacker @ Oct 23 2004, 03:37 PM)
During the VT tour they played from moving pictures album..Witch Hunt..Another i like to hear is from Caress of Steel....No one at the bridge...Wonder if geddy can still hit that high pitch... GeddyFinal.gif

Witch Hunt was not played on the VT tour. no.gif

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Oct 22 2004, 06:29 PM)
Ok, I'll be the guy who starts the "Fountain of Lamneth" thing again. tongue.gif

Me too! Carress of steel was my first album. I was listening to atwas at a friends, and went to go get it at the store. When I got there they were out, so all they had was an 8 track of COS. On the 8 track The Fountain of Lamneth is the 1st song on track 1...So the 1st thing you hear is .."I am born".....I remember thinking..."This doesnt sound like ATWAS!" but I liked it anyway..and after a few more times, I REALLY liked it. ...I would just love it if all they did was play some snippets from this song. Like the beginning with Alex on the acoustic and the 1st minute untill "my eyes have just been opened and theyre open very wide"!! Slacker mentioned "No one at the bridge", yet i dont think Geddy could sing that without thrashing his voice...but what of Bachus Plateau?..it is a nice little sequence that I believe would go over really well and not take too much time out of the show , and would appease some of us fossil fans!

Totem

Witch Hunt

Peaceable Kingdom

Entre Nous

Middletown Dreams

Necromancer

Wheres My Thing

Ghost Of A Chance

A Passage To Bangkok

Lakeside Park

Twilight Zone

Fly By Night

The Camera Eye

Analog Kid

Vapor Trail

Jacobs Ladder

Scars

Lock and Key

Terrortories

The Enemy Within

A Farwell To Kings

Hey I got a whole setlist I think!

VT tour 2002 Jones Beash Long Iland,They played witch hunt..i seen them twice that tour, cool10.gif second time in m.s.g n.y.c. they didn"t play it there they replaced that song with the trees....thats a garden favorite

QUOTE (slacker @ Oct 24 2004, 09:52 PM)
VT tour 2002 Jones Beash Long Iland,They played witch hunt..i seen them twice that tour, cool10.gif second time in m.s.g n.y.c. they didn"t play it there they replaced that song with the trees....thats a garden favorite

Never, ever played Witch Hunt on the Vapor Trails tour. Ever.

Setlist for July 15, 2002 (Wantagh, NY, or Jones Beach):

Intro/Tom Sawyer

Distant Early Warning

New World Man

Roll The Bones

Earthshine

YYZ

The Pass

Bravado

The Big Money

Between Sun and Moon

Vital Signs

Natural Science

- Intermission -

One Little Victory

Driven

Ghost Rider

Secret Touch

Dreamline

Red Sector A

Leave That Thing Alone

Drum Solo

Resist

2112: Overture/Temples of Syrinx

Limelight

La Villa Strangiato

The Spirit of Radio

- Encore -

Bytor and the Snow Dog

Cygnus X-1

Working Man

Sorry confused13.gif . To the best of my knowledge, the last time Witch Hunt was played was during the Power Windows tour in early 1986.

Since I've been a fan from the beginning (1974), there's a gazillion songs that could be added to the list. So, I'm just going to leave it as all studio songs that weren't played on the tour, could have in my opinion. OK, OK! If I have to leave something out, how about Rivendell. Otherwise, play everything from "Finding My Way" straight through to "Crossroads" and all songs in between (The Wheels)! 2.gif

HAHA some AWESOME picks for a set list. I think if the band followed some of these, they'd be doing a 22 hour show.

Would anyone mind? um - well - besides them I mean. laugh.gif

Afterimage...one of my very favorites. Come on, Neil, just once, for me?

wub.gif

wink.gif

QUOTE (Neil Bird @ Oct 25 2004, 03:39 PM)
Mmmmhh, must be my age (definitely) but I just forget about songtitles. There's just one title to play at my funeral: Losing it angel.gif

That's gotta be one the saddest and most somber lyrics ever written. "For you the blind, who once could see.... The bell tolls for thee." One of many gut gripping lines in that masterpiece.

Let's hope it doesn't need to be played for you for quite a long time. smile.gif

QUOTE (paganoman @ Oct 25 2004, 03:48 PM)
QUOTE (Neil Bird @ Oct 25 2004, 03:39 PM)
Mmmmhh, must be my age (definitely) but I just forget about songtitles. There's just one title to play at my funeral: Losing it  angel.gif

That's gotta be one the saddest and most somber lyrics ever written. "For you the blind, who once could see.... The bell tolls for thee." One of many gut gripping lines in that masterpiece.

Let's hope it doesn't need to be played for you for quite a long time. smile.gif

trink39.gif

Yep!

I would love to see them do

best I can

cygnus X-1 book 1 and 2 complete

anthem

analog kid

jacobs ladder

grand design

in the end

mission

broon's bane