David Gilmour's new album info

floydfanatic111

Gilmour's On an Island is due March 7. Appearing on the album with him are fellow Floyd Rick Wright, David Crosby and Graham Nash(who sing harmonies on the title track), Andy Newmark, Phil Manzanera of Roxy Music, Robert Wyatt, Guy Pratt and many more. I hope this sells well. With word of mouth on net it may do wonders unless the record company assholes decide to put out another Bitchney Sneers or Pisstina Aquafina record.

Here is some pictures of who DG has appearing or helping on On an Island album

http://davidgilmour.com/media/gallery/large/CrosbyNashDavid.jpg

Who ever imagined this, David Crosby and Graham Nash with David Gilmour

http://davidgilmour.com/media/gallery/large/AR_ProductionTeam.jpg

The production team of Andrew Jackson, Chris Thomas(he mixed DSotM), Phil Manzanera of Roxy Music with DG

http://davidgilmour.com/media/gallery/large/RadoKloseWebpic.jpg

Original Pink Floyd member Bob Klose(who co-founded the band with Roger Waters, Syd Barrett, Nick Mason and Rick Wright but left after recording the unreleased Pink Floyd early single Lucy Leave/King Bee acetate record) with DG.

http://davidgilmour.com/media/gallery/large/DG_RichardWright.jpg

Half of PF, Rick Wright and DG

Also, Floyd post-Waters bass player Guy Pratt, drummer Andy Newmark and so forth are helping out.

Mind-boggling! What a great time for new music, with The Mars Volta on the scene, Kate Bush's new album, an upcoming release by +LiVE+, this by David Gilmour, an upcoming Rush album and so many successful prog rock bands. It's a new golden age!

653.gif

QUOTE (floydfanatic111 @ Jan 29 2006, 11:55 PM)
Here is some pictures of who DG has appearing or helping on On an Island album

http://davidgilmour.com/media/gallery/large/AR_ProductionTeam.jpg
The production team of Andrew Jackson, Chris Thomas(he mixed DSotM), Phil Manzanera of Roxy Music with DG

Weird seeing Gilmour with a Les Paul instead of his trademark Strat.

Wow. I hadn't really thought much about this release until I saw this thread. But now, after hearing that little clip, it's obvious that David still has that old magic. This could easily be a truly monumental album.

I am thrilled that Richard Wright is there. To me, he is essential to that Pink Floyd sound.

QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ Feb 8 2006, 02:11 PM)
Just seen an interview with David Gilmour, and he says Pink Floyd is over

sad.gif fists crying.gif

unsure.gif That is what was reported in a stupid Italian Magazine called La Republicca which to me sounds like a bunch of runny spaghetti.

FYI, I think every magazine article including those in "so-called" credible sources are all lies.

The only way I believe PF is dead is if an official announcement is made from Pink Floyd Management. Until then, don't give up. Even Roger Waters wants to do another series of shows. Nick Mason and Rick Wright does too. David might have said that as an angle to get the press off his back so he can promote his solo effort. I hope the album sells but due to fickle tastes in music the album may not sell as people are being force fed pop and rap which is sad but true.

QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ Feb 9 2006, 04:37 PM)
Well, if Gilmour doesn't want to do it, maybe they could tempt Sid back for some one-off shows?

Nick Mason was just interviewed by Floyd fanzine BrainDamage and said PF are still active and could do more gigs and Roger Waters hasn't ruled out the possibilty of a few farewell PF gigs.

This isn't the first time that there are conflicts that PF are dead were brought up as Gilmour and Mason are 50/50 owners of the PF name.

Back in 2001, on a BBC2 interview, Pink Floyd guitarist David Gilmour suggested the Echoes: The Best of Pink Floyd compilation "probably" signalled the end of the band. "You never know exactly what the future (holds)," Gilmour offered. "I'm not going to slam any doors too firmly, but I don't see myself doing any more of that, and I certainly don't see myself going out on a big Floyd tour again". A few days after that radio interview, Floyd drummer Nick Mason, in an interview with Launch.com, sounded more optimistic about Floyd's future. "I don't feel I've retired yet", Mason said. "You know, if everyone wanted to, we could certainly still do something. I've spent 30 years waiting for the planets to align. I'm quite used to it".

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Mar 3 2006, 11:30 PM)
QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Mar 3 2006, 04:59 AM)
Great interview with David in this month's Mojo. Album get's a 4 star rating.

Out of 5? That's about what I'd give it.

I bought it today and i've played it 3 times.

It's, nice.

Like Gilmour and About Face before it, it lacks Roger, to inject a bit of passion and anger, just as some of Roger's solo stuff misses David to smooth out some of the many edges.

I'd give it 3/5.

I also bought Teddy Thompson's new album, superb.

Archived