Coachella 2006

Moonraker

For those that dont know what this is, its a 2 day music festival thats held in Indio, CA, in the middle of the desert. They usually have really good bands that play there, but the bill has been leaked early.

SATURDAY APRIL 29, 2006

Depeche Mode

Daft Punk

Franz Ferdinand

Sigur Ros

Damian Jr Gong Marley

Common

Atmosphere

Carl Cox

My Morning Jacket

TV on the Radio

Ladytron

Clap Your Hands Say Yeah

Tosca

Cat Power

Animal Collective

HARD-Fi

Derrick Carter

Devendra Banhart

She Wants Revenge

The Walkmen

The Juan Maclean

Imogen Heap

Audio Bullys

Lady Sovereign

Deerhoof

The Duke Spirit

Eagles of Death Metal

Lyrics Born

Matt Costa

The New Amsterdams

The Zutons

Platinum Pied Pipers

White Rose Movement

Chris Liberator

Colette

Joey Beltram

Hybrid

Living Things

Wolfmother

The Like

Nine Black Alps

Celebration

The Section Quartet

Shy FX & T Power

Infusion

SUNDAY APRIL 30, 2006

Tool

Yeah Yeah Yeahs

Bloc Party

Paul Oakenfold

Scissor Sisters

Matisyahu

James Blunt

Sleater-Kinney

Mogwai

Coheed and Cambria

Wolf Parade

Coldcut

Phoenix

Digable Planets

Amadou & Mariam

Little Louie Vega

Mylo (DJ Set)

Seu Jorge

Gnarls Barkley

The Go! Team

Kaskade

Metric

Editors

Art Brut

Dungen

The Dears

Jamie Lidell

The Magic Numbers

Los Amigos Invisibles

Jazzanova

stellastarr*

Michael Mayer

Murs featuring 9th wonder

Mates of State

Gilles Peterson

Infadels

Gabriel & Dresden

The Subways

Minus the Bear

OneRepublic

Be Your Own Pet

Youth Group

Giant Drag

Kristina Sky

The Octopus Project

My highlight was to see the reunion of Bauhaus - Peter murphy was lowered upside down like a bat for their intro song Bela Lugosi is dead.

Coachella has not disappointed two years straight - Well worth the three hour trip from san diego-

QUOTE (Drumnut @ Jan 24 2006, 01:39 AM)
angry.gif  rage.gif I want to move back out west! The east coast is so lame-ass for live music! new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

come to N.Y.C... You'll see how lame-ass the live music is! wtf.gif

I would not be suprised if the Raconteurs was added to play. They are a new band with Jack White (White Stripes), Brendan Benson (good solo artist) and the bass/drums from the Greenhornes. They have a single coming out in just a few days actually, and then a full album April/Mayish.

That lineup is a fake. I saw it posted on a message board by the guy who said he made that poster that Moon posted.

I do have some good news, however...

According to the LA Times, Tool has been confirmed to headline the second night.

btw thestand, have you heard the new Raconteurs single that was released yesterday? I just listened to it and it kicks ass. I'm really looking forward to the album in May.

If you haven't heard it yet, hit me up on AIM and I'll send it to you.

That poster was indeed a fake, so I removed it. Hey, one can always speculate right, heh. Though on the Coachella message boards, artists that are going to be added to the bill are slowly being announced one at a time. Here is a link to those that are going to be at the show.

http://p073.ezboard.com/fgoldenvoicefrm9.s...icID=4118.topic

I wish they would just announce it already, I'm pretty sure they have a lineup and are just waiting till right before tickets go on sale.

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Jan 31 2006, 11:43 AM)
That lineup is a fake. I saw it posted on a message board by the guy who said he made that poster that Moon posted.

According to the LA Times, Tool has been confirmed to headline the second night.

btw thestand, have you heard the new Raconteurs single that was released yesterday? I just listened to it and it kicks ass. I'm really looking forward to the album in May.

Yea, I heard it. I like the B-side better, "Store Bought Bones". You can hear both on their site, http://www.theraconteurs.com . It's a hilarious setup, the site works like an old Apple II. But go to media, and you can listen to both songs. (That's directed to anyone, not just puppet)

QUOTE (thestand @ Feb 3 2006, 03:24 PM)
QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Jan 31 2006, 11:43 AM)

Yea, I heard it. I like the B-side better, "Store Bought Bones". You can hear both on their site, http://www.theraconteurs.com . It's a hilarious setup, the site works like an old Apple II. But go to media, and you can listen to both songs. (That's directed to anyone, not just puppet)

I think I like Steady as she Goes better actually...but they were both really good. The album comes out in May. If the album is anything like this, it's one of my early predictions for Album of the Year.

Archived