Worst Great Song & Worst Great Artist

ByWyzD

I got inspired by the worst Rush song thread and listening to the radio the other day. There is one song that comes on the radio that is considered a true classic and gets tons of air play, YET, I absolutely HATE the song and can't understand why it even gets played. It made me wonder about other peoples thoughts on songs and artists that are HUGE stars yet for some reason you can't figure out why. What song and artist do you really dislike that everyone else seems to think is fantastic. Not looking for arguements, just opinions. Respect other peoples tastes. I'll start

Song: Layla ( Ugh, hate even typing it )

Artist: Bruce Springsteen

QUOTE (ByWyzD @ Jan 19 2006, 07:59 PM)

Artist: Bruce Springsteen

IMO...

ANY Springsteen Blows 062802puke_prv.gif

If HES "The Boss" Im quiting laugh.gif yes.gif

I think it was someone in 2.gif that said "There's only two kinds of music: good music and bad music."

I agree!

QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Jan 19 2006, 08:10 PM)
I look into my crystal ball and predict a move to Music of The Spheres before too long.

laugh.gif Yep

QUOTE (ByWyzD @ Jan 19 2006, 08:30 PM)
Wow - glad to see I'm not the only one who can't figure out the Springsteen thing. To quote Michael Bolton in Office Space, " No talent ass clown."

I guess I'm breaking my own rule here by adding comments - I'll refrain

Album: Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club band (I don't hate it by any stretch of the imagination...and even the weakest Beatles album is still better than 99.9% of other albums in existence, I just wish people would stop saying it's the greatest album of all time, because it's actually probably the weakest post-65 Beatles album)

Song: Stairway...Feeebird...Bohemian Rhapsody...overplayed.

Artists: Bruce Springsteen and U2 hands down

Jessies Girl from Rick Springfield for the song

Rick Springfield as the artist

I think I messed up though because you said "worse great song/artist"

Rick Springfield isn't great by any means.

QUOTE (crushtopher @ Jan 20 2006, 12:08 AM)
Not trying to insult ya there but layla is Eric Clapton .
To each his own about the song, if you dont like it ......you dont like it .

I know that Layla is Eric Clapton, although I think it's officially Derek and The Dominoes. I wasn't referencing Layla as a Springsteen song. I was saying that I think Layla is the Worst Great Song and Springsteen was the Worst Great Artist.

I understand now ,sorry ,my mistake. I disagree ,but thats me, Springsteen is a great writer that is my oppinion, im not a big fan ,but the early stuff was good. Layla.... i disagree great song( overkilled )the music is well written and Clapton is Clapton. Clapton flat out Rocks!!!! Let me take a little jab at this game

Duran Duran....sucks ass!!!! might have some good lyrics, but the music, and band i totally dislike and can not listen to at all. Song Mr.Roboto(Styx)....my oppinion quite possibly the worst song ever recorded that at one point, recieved major air play. Of course i am not a fan of Styx either but Duran Duran takes the steaming pile of crap award from me.

I usually dont just dislike one song its usually the entire band.

I HATE Styx, Paul Mc Cartney, Bongwater, Velvet Revolver, almost every song by the Stones, Springsteen, Genesis and Paul Mc Cartney.

Song: Stairway To Heaven, Freebird, Bohemian Rhapsody, any song off Green Day's American Idiot. I hear any of these songs and my fingers immediatly reach for the radio dial.

Artist: George Thoroughgood (sp?), never could stand this dude. I would put every single one of his songs into the first category.

Ok just a couple of comments first. George Thoroughgood is no genius, but he was smart enough to cover a couple of 'em. 'Move it on over' just might be the very first Rock 'n Roll song ever written; by the immortal Hank Williams of course, and GT can play a little slide! If nothing else give Lonesome George credit for bringing to light what might be the most neglected and forgotten R&R classic ever! (He's got a couple others as well)

Now 'The Boss' is pretty much an east coast thing as far as I can tell but I seldom change the station when he comes on. Good yes. Overrated, yes.

The fact that anyone could limit LZ to one good song simply blows my mind! One dozen maybe.

My picks: The Stones (group)

Come sail away (song)

Archived