Yes - Topography

Jack

I saw a Yes compilation Topography featuring some live tracks recently on sale at a local HMV. Are these new live versions or are they live versions already available on other releases?.

It has classics like Roundabout, And You and I and The Gates of Delirium live. However, I already have yessongs and yesshows which contain these and don't really want to get them again!.

Thanks.

It's so hard to tell with them these days. I swear they have more compilations than Madonna.

The most recent release that I know of is "Songs from Tsongas"

Agreed. I love Yes but have chosen to stay away from the myriad of compilations/tributes etc. Yessongs and Yeshows are quite sufficient for me.

smile.gif

Avoid like the plague!!!

It's yet another shoddy compilation brought out by yet another record company who seem very content to scrape the bottom of the already well-mined Yes barrel. (Yes-today, anyone, disgraceful compilation)

Most tracks are from Live From The House of Blues by the looks of things.

Go with Plodder, Yessongs and Yesshows are more than enough.

There is also a version of the Yessymphonic DVD (their best), which has a bonus cd, worth checking out.

QUOTE (plodder @ Jan 18 2006, 12:04 PM)
Agreed. I love Yes but have chosen to stay away from the myriad of compilations/tributes etc. Yessongs and Yeshows are quite sufficient for me.

smile.gif

Have to agree with this....YES, it can become quite complicated!!

i don't know either. that is the one thing about those guys, they keep puttin out compilations. what for. i don't like compilations. it's just away to make money from the masses.

Yessongs is the best live Yes release available. The others are no where near as good because good old Bill Bruford was on Yessongs and Alan White may be good, but Bill is the best, under Neil of course.

The recent live The Word is Live release is OK but its manly the same old, same old. They have a few rare ones, but I would just use a LEGAL song downloader to get these like iTunes.

Archived