Newly found vinyl

thestand

I was cleaning out one of the closets upstairs (the house was built in 1962, so it's those closets where the top of the door comes to your stomach) and found some old vinyl. It's all my uncle's, who made an insane life-transition (went from listening to metal, now a complete hippy). So, I'm not sure on some of them, so I may need your help, as some is only the LP, no coverslip. I'll star the ones I don't know.

Venom- Black Metal

***Peice of Mind (track listing S1- Where Eagles Dare, Revelations, Flight of Icarus, Die with your Boots On)

***Stryper- Isaiah 53:5 (According to my uncle, this wasn't a wide release thing. Info?

Iron Maiden- Live After Death

Accept- Accept. Restless & Wild

Van Halen- Diver Down

*** Wasp (self titled?) (Side one- I wanna be Somebody, L.O.V.E. Machine, The Flame, B.A.D., School Daze)

*** Iron Maiden (Self titled?) (Side one- Prowler, Remember Tomorrow, Running Free, Phantom of the Opera)

Iron Maiden- Killers

Kiss- Alive!

***Ozzy Osbourne (picture vinyl, say's 'New collecters edition EP' 'LIVE Mr. Crowley'

***Ozzy Osbourne (picture vinyl, says Ultimate live Ozzy)

Billy Squier- Just Say No

***Syd Barrett (I think this is a combo double-LP) The Madcap Laughs and Barrett

The Beach Boys- Fun, Fun, Fun, & Dance, Dance, Dance

Johnny Cash- Live at San Quentin

Beatles- Meet the...

Piece of Mind from Iron Maiden is a GREAT album, one of my all time favs. Stryper was a christian metal band, I never got into them, never got into wasp, Again, the Iron Maiden sefl titled is a great album ... both Ozzy selections are cool ... Syd Barrett is one of the orginal members of Pink Floyd.

Nice find!!!

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Jan 15 2006, 08:38 PM)
If Meet the Beatles is in good shape, that one could get you a LOT of money.

All are in playable shape other than the Beach boys (but do we really care? tongue.gif) Why, what have you seen Meet the Beatles going for, Puppet?

QUOTE (thestand @ Jan 14 2006, 05:34 PM)
I was cleaning out one of the closets upstairs (the house was built in 1962, so it's those closets where the top of the door comes to your stomach) and found some old vinyl. It's all my uncle's, who made an insane life-transition (went from listening to metal, now a complete hippy). So, I'm not sure on some of them, so I may need your help, as some is only the LP, no coverslip. I'll star the ones I don't know.

Venom- Black Metal
***Peice of Mind (track listing S1- Where Eagles Dare, Revelations, Flight of Icarus, Die with your Boots On)
***Stryper- Isaiah 53:5 (According to my uncle, this wasn't a wide release thing. Info?
Van Halen- Diver Down
*** Wasp (self titled?) (Side one- I wanna be Somebody, L.O.V.E. Machine, The Flame, B.A.D., School Daze)
*** Iron Maiden (Self titled?) (Side one- Prowler, Remember Tomorrow, Running Free, Phantom of the Opera)
Iron Maiden- Killers
Kiss- Alive!
***Ozzy Osbourne (picture vinyl, say's 'New collecters edition EP' 'LIVE Mr. Crowley'
Billy Squier- Just Say No
***Syd Barrett (I think this is a combo double-LP) The Madcap Laughs and Barrett
The Beach Boys- Fun, Fun, Fun, & Dance, Dance, Dance
Johnny Cash- Live at San Quentin
Beatles- Meet the...

Beach Boys! Excellent! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (thestand @ Jan 15 2006, 05:58 PM)
QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Jan 15 2006, 08:38 PM)
If Meet the Beatles is in good shape, that one could get you a LOT of money.

All are in playable shape other than the Beach boys (but do we really care? tongue.gif) Why, what have you seen Meet the Beatles going for, Puppet?

I'm just guessing...I saw Please Please Me at the store once, with the sleeve tearing and yellowing, the record grooves barely visible because of all the scratches, and it went for 40.

A playable Meet the Beatles could get you a LOT of money. Check eBay.

QUOTE (thestand @ Jan 14 2006, 05:34 PM)
Iron Maiden- Killers
Kiss- Alive!

This is my short list, I have and like all of these. 1022.gif

QUOTE (Stickman @ Jan 16 2006, 02:51 PM)
With the Stryper one it's hard to say as all of the early albums had the Stryper logo with Isaiah 53:5 on it that i know of.

laugh.gif Yea, it took me a while to go, 'Hey, let's take it OUT of the sleeve!' It's 'The Yellow and Black Attack!' And it's really cool blue see-through vinyl.

QUOTE (thestand @ Jan 16 2006, 02:57 PM)
QUOTE (Stickman @ Jan 16 2006, 02:51 PM)
With the Stryper one it's hard to say as all of the early albums had the Stryper logo with Isaiah 53:5 on it that i know of.

laugh.gif Yea, it took me a while to go, 'Hey, let's take it OUT of the sleeve!' It's 'The Yellow and Black Attack!' And it's really cool blue see-through vinyl.

Thats a nice rare one i've got that one i think too biggrin.gif

Can't beat a bit of vinyl i sometimes like to dig out my Queen lp's just to hear the good ole days b4 cd smile.gif

Archived