QUEEN!!!!!!!

Riv

I'm sorry, but I watched Queen Live at Wembley Stadium and it was the best concert I have ever seen! Freddie sure knows how to work a crowd!!!!

Damn, Queen was good, you have to admit that. Who knows what would have become of them.

QUOTE (Riv @ Jan 7 2006, 09:43 PM)
I'm sorry, but I watched Queen Live at Wembley Stadium and it was the best concert I have ever seen! Freddie sure knows how to work a crowd!!!!

Damn, Queen was good, you have to admit that. Who knows what would have become of them.

i hear ya , but they didnt have to become anything, they were and are legends !

QUOTE (Riv @ Jan 7 2006, 08:43 PM)

I want to see that! I have a 2 cd best of set...I've been growing to like them more in the last year or so.

Don't apologize Riv ... Queen is one of the best rock bands of all time. I was a Queen fan pre Rush, Freddie, IMHO, is the best front man of all time, and John Roger and Brian are widely regarded as some of the best of their repsective instruments.

I LOVE that concert, it is Queen at their best.

I saw them several times in the 70s and early 80s.

Queen are an awesome band.

I bought their two-disc Best Of set almost exactly a year ago, and I listened to it for two months straight before I got tired of it. I think that's a personal record! laugh.gif

I also have A Night at the Opera and A Kind of Magic. Queen miss being a member of my favorite bands pantheon by a very small margin.

I dont have as many Queen albums as I should, but this is still an incredible band. Freddie was without at doubt the best vocalist in rock music, and still is as far as I'm concerned. I just really have Night At The Opera, Sheer Heart Attack and had Kind Of Magic. Definatly my favorite song by them is Brighton Rock, insane guitar work by Brian May on that. That was really a band of creativity, not just Mercury but the whole band, all of them had thier hand at writing some memorable works.

agreed. totally amazing band, and the concert at wembley is in my opinion the best concert ever.

All I have is Opera, and Greatest Hits I&II... I need to get Sheer Heart Attack though... A friend of mine has "Queen on Fire: Live at the Bowl" or something like that, and it's good. Not sure if it's the show you guys are talking about, though...

QUOTE (Indica @ Jan 8 2006, 12:54 AM)
One of the first albums I ever bought was Queen's "News of The World".

I still have this one ona 8 track tape laugh.gif

Cripes showin my age gain unsure.gif

bolt.gif

QUOTE (Mustard Death @ Jan 8 2006, 10:59 PM)
All I have is Opera, and Greatest Hits I&II... I need to get Sheer Heart Attack though... A friend of mine has "Queen on Fire: Live at the Bowl" or something like that, and it's good. Not sure if it's the show you guys are talking about, though...

Nope, Live at the Bowl was a few years earlier. It's a good show, but nothing compares to Wembley.

QUOTE (ES-335 @ Jan 8 2006, 05:48 AM)
Don't apologize Riv ... Queen is one of the best rock bands of all time. I was a Queen fan pre Rush, Freddie, IMHO, is the best front man of all time, and John Roger and Brian are widely regarded as some of the best of their repsective instruments.

I LOVE that concert, it is Queen at their best.

I saw them several times in the 70s and early 80s.

I agree that Queen were a brilliant band, that Freddie Mercury was an exceptional front-man and vocalist and that Brian May is a tremendous guitarist.

However, I must disagree about Roger Taylor. He is obviously a talented drummer, but I don't think he is anything special.

There are very few Queen songs where the percussion stands out. Maybe Ogre Battle, Tear It Up and Party are a few exceptions.

Give me Paice, Powell, Moon and Bonham (and lots of others) over Taylor any day. Not necessarily all brilliant technicians, but they all knew how to make a good song a great one...not sure Taylor ever did that.

Just my opinion, I could be wrong!

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Jan 8 2006, 01:55 AM)
I dont have as many Queen albums as I should, but this is still an incredible band.  Freddie was without at doubt the best vocalist in rock music, and still is as far as I'm concerned.  I just really have Night At The Opera, Sheer Heart Attack and had Kind Of Magic.  Definatly my favorite song by them is Brighton Rock, insane guitar work by Brian May on that.  That was really a band of creativity, not just Mercury but the whole band, all of them had thier hand at writing some memorable works.

Moon , Good looking out, Brighton Rock is a MasterPiece applaudit.gif

wink.gif They were one of the best bands ever, grew up listening to them. Shear Heart Attack & A Night At The Opera are personal favourates. People always say what a showman Freddie Mercury was but as Roger Taylor points out he was a great musician as well. As good a voice Paul Rogers has ( love Free ) give me Freddie everytime !!. Like Rush I won't tire of listening to Queen !! wink.gif

I was lucky enough to see them at their peak (in my opinion). Saw them tour their first two albums. I lost interest with them after Sheer Heart Attack.

My first true love!!!

Their first 6 albums are superb, the quality rarely dips, Jesus, Sleeping on The Sidewalk and Loser In The End aside.

The famous songs are whatever you want them to be, but check out The Prophet's Song, Drowse, Millionaire's Waltz, Melancholy Blues, I'm In Love With My Car(Roger's finest moment), 39 etc...

Saw them with Paul Rodgers last year, highly recommended.

Queen rocks. I'm going to see them in March. I'm not expecting much. No one can replace Freddie. It will be cool to sing along to the tunes though. And Brian May is great!

Archived