Questions about the band

terrible_I

Does Geddy play guitar or drums or Neil play guitar or bass? What are some of their other hobbies outside of reading, tennis, wine tasting and bike riding?

Alex has or had a Harley-Davidson, flies airplanes, goes on fighter flights with the Canadian Air Force, and likes to cook and play golf. He tried to play viola (I think) in Jr high.

Geddy plays guitar every night on tour!

Neil plays a bit of piano, if he still remembers his childhood lessons.

They all read. Geddy once said that Rush was about 'books and drugs and rock'n'roll.'

Neil does Yoga, grocery shops, and cooks for Carrie. (That lucky dog.)

Also, he just generally makes the world a better place... wub.gif

Moon...if you don't like your member title, see me about it...I'm the guilty party. It HAS to have "Woot" in it...that is SO your word.

biggrin.gif

Thanks for your prompt responses. smile.gif

How about religious beliefs and Philosophies? I know that Gary (Geddy) is Jewish and as such has his wedding in Jewish tradition. What else?

Just so all of you know I have only seen Rush in concert once that was 10 years ago in March. It was a very visually vibrant show and everything I could have hoped for as a Rush fan at that time.

QUOTE (terrible_I @ Aug 26 2004, 12:30 PM)
Thanks for your prompt responses. smile.gif

How about religious beliefs and Philosophies? I know that Gary (Geddy) is Jewish and as such has his wedding in Jewish tradition. What else?

Just so all of you know I have only seen Rush in concert once that was 10 years ago in March. It was a very visually vibrant show and everything I could have hoped for as a Rush fan at that time.

VERY good question. Seems the missing link to Alex on that issue may be in the Rush In Rio hidden Anthem video live from 1975.

Geddy - Yes, Jewish - also confirmed in RIR as he is wearing the star of David.

Alex - Christian? I believe only because he is wearing a cross I believe in that video.

Neil - Used to be athiest, but seems now is agnostic...

Can someone expand on this/correct this?

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Aug 26 2004, 12:34 PM)

VERY good question. Seems the missing link to Alex on that issue may be in the Rush In Rio hidden Anthem video live from 1975.

Alex - Christian? I believe only because he is wearing a cross I believe in that video.

I think it was Neil with the cross.

Asides...Alex used to wear a gold band on each ring finger....Geddy had a traditional Jewish wedding...

QUOTE (Sweetmiracle @ Aug 26 2004, 12:56 PM)
QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Aug 26 2004, 12:34 PM)

VERY good question.  Seems the missing link to Alex on that issue may be in the Rush In Rio hidden Anthem video live from 1975.

Alex - Christian?  I believe only because he is wearing a cross I believe in that video.

I think it was Neil with the cross.

Asides...Alex used to wear a gold band on each ring finger....Geddy had a traditional Jewish wedding...

Ahhh! I think you're right on Neil!! My bad!

What does a double wedding band mean?

Maybe it has to do with Alex or Charlene's ethnic backgound... people in some countries wear a wedding ring on the right hand, others on the left.....

I guess both would make one very married!!!

Ok, it is obvious from their music that there is spiritual influence in their music (Hemispheres). It would be nice to see them answer these questions themselves.

Anyway, what nationality is Neil? We know that Geddy is from Poland and Alex from Yugoslavia. Is Neil French?

QUOTE (terrible_I @ Aug 26 2004, 10:36 PM)
Ok, it is obvious from their music that there is spiritual influence in their music (Hemispheres). It would be nice to see them answer these questions themselves.

Anyway, what nationality is Neil? We know that Geddy is from Poland and Alex from Yugoslavia. Is Neil French?

Neil was born in Canada, I believe. Actually i think you are just referring to their ancestry as to Poland and yugoslavia....kick me in the nuts if I'm wrong, but they were all born in Canada.

Archived