What's your favorite SOAPS?

Indica

QUOTE (Indica @ Dec 9 2005, 02:35 PM)
QUOTE (D-13 @ Dec 9 2005, 03:15 PM)
Young and the restless...lol

"I'm Victor Newman...i'm powerful"

laugh.gif

Remember his daughter Victoria Newman, she went to another SOAP. Her mom Nikki was a belly dancer when she was young. That SOAP was the shizzy back in the day. Jack Abbott is cool too he's powerful sometimes until they take Jabot from him.

rofl3.gif

QUOTE (DonnaWanna @ Dec 9 2005, 04:07 PM)
QUOTE (yyzena @ Dec 9 2005, 03:03 PM)
QUOTE (Daylin @ Dec 8 2005, 03:51 PM)
My favorite was One Life To Live.  I don't watch it anymore since the original Todd Manning left wink.gif .

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v607/tbukowski/manning.gif

Man, I had such a crush on him!!!! Really gave the Professor a run for his money for awhile there.

Now I watch Nip/Tuck, which isn't really a soap, but damn ... it's so good (& bad!!) rose.gif

OmG talk about a crush on Todd Manning drool1.gif

I was crushed when they switched him to some other guy.

now the REAL Todd is on some other Soap.On some other channel sad.gif

I hate when they change people like that angry.gif

nuther "soap like " show i watch is Airline..i think on "Bravo"

just shows us how & what the airline workers have to put up with

and how they deal with the people with tickets.

they alwayz show a drunk on every show that cant board the plane cuz they got too ripped b4 the flight laugh.gif

its alwayz good for a laff

bekloppt.gif DW, which soap is he on now?

I don't have cable so I can't watch the show you like sad.gif

QUOTE (Daylin @ Dec 9 2005, 05:49 PM)
My favorite was One Life To Live.  I don't watch it anymore since the original Todd Manning left wink.gif .

Man, I had such a crush on him!!!! Really gave the Professor a run for his money for awhile there.

Now I watch Nip/Tuck, which isn't really a soap, but damn ... it's so good (& bad!!) rose.gif

they alwayz show a drunk on every show that cant board the plane cuz they got too ripped b4 the flight laugh.gif

IM not sure of the name of the show,

Indy knows tho laugh.gif I think thats the show he watches.

Its on channel2 here in Ny (cbs)

ill have to ask Indy or if he sees this post he can help u out wink.gif

I watched OLTL for yrs now,when blaire was a asian, todd was still in college and "made" kevin Rape marty unsure.gif

so many people came, Replaced and left that show over the yrs.

I miss the REAL Todd, this one they have now is ok, But doesnt capture the REAL Todds emotions ( if u know what i mean) laugh.gif

QUOTE (DonnaWanna @ Dec 9 2005, 06:24 PM)
QUOTE (Daylin @ Dec 9 2005, 05:49 PM)

IM not sure of the name of the show,

Indy knows tho laugh.gif I think thats the show he watches.

Its on channel2 here in Ny (cbs)

ill have to ask Indy or if he sees this post he can help u out wink.gif

I watched OLTL for yrs now,when blaire was a asian, todd was still in college and "made" kevin Rape marty unsure.gif

so many people came, Replaced and left that show over the yrs.

I miss the REAL Todd, this one they have now is ok, But doesnt capture the REAL Todds emotions ( if u know what i mean) laugh.gif

biggrin.gif Ok thanks Donna!

I remember the first Blair too! And when Todd was in high school and made Keven rape Marty laugh.gif I catch a glimpse of the new Todd once in while....I do know what ya mean wink.gif

Okay. So, back in the days of Marlena's possession on Days Of Our Lives, I watched it. Then later on in college I had a roomate who liked it, so we watched that and The Price Is Right everyday on NBC.

Between those times I watched General Hospital, and have since stopped watching that. Some of the better actors/actresses left to pursue other options, and the recasts have been less than desirable, in my opinion. To me it's not always the best idea to recast a character if the person who MADE the character who he/she was, left for whatever reason.

i sed to tape my favorite soaps all the time...

Y & R, B&B, and G H....

i stopped taping them when i started running out of time to watch them!

i'd have a whole week worth of taped episodes and hardly any time to watch them...

gosh... it's been years....

but i can turn one on today and be pretty much caught up by the end of the show... wink.gif

QUOTE (Digital Man @ Dec 8 2005, 07:05 PM)
QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Dec 8 2005, 05:44 PM)
I like plain old Ivory sometimes, but my favorite is Sheer Freesia from Bath and Body Works.  tongue.gif

My favorite is Dr. Bronner's Magic Soaps

Pure Castille Peppermint soap

at Trader's Joes

Dude, that's EXACTLY what I use and I love it!! Make you feel tingly all over!!

yes.gif

I always watched the CBS shows: Young and the Restless, Bold and the Beautiful, As the World Turns, and Guiding Light.

I remember when Meg Ryan played on ATWT as Betsy Stewart and Kevin Bacon played on Guiding Light.

A lot of today's big stars got started playing on soap operas.

Oh yeah, I hear that Sheila, Lauren's major nemesis, has returned to Genoa City (Young and the Restless) and is out to kill her.....again.

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Dec 16 2005, 01:55 PM)
I always watched the CBS shows: Young and the Restless, Bold and the Beautiful, As the World Turns, and Guiding Light.

I remember when Meg Ryan played on ATWT as Betsy Stewart and Kevin Bacon played on Guiding Light.

A lot of today's big stars got started playing on soap operas.

Oh yeah, I hear that Sheila, Lauren's major nemesis, has returned to Genoa City (Young and the Restless) and is out to kill her.....again.

Sheila has killed a few people on a few different soaps. She is also known for stealing babies and pretending like it's hers. She's such a good soap star!!

Anyone remember on Bold and Beautiful when Sheila knew some guy was alergic to Bees, so you know what she did? Yep, she got like 500 bees and set them free in his HOUSE!!! killed his ass too!!!! This chick is WHACK!!! rofl3.gif

yup... i remember shiela all too well....

she is one mean bitch that is for sure....

which makes watching her so awesome!!!

I remember when Lauren was a teenager on the show. She and Tracy Abbott were competing for Danny Romalotti. Lauren was cruel to Tracy because she was overweight.

My, how many years have gone by. We started watching the Young and the Restless around the time it came on TV.

Jill's mother was Mrs. Chancellor's housekeeper. Jill's brother Snapper was played by the guy who was on the show Knight Rider later on. Mrs. Chancellor was an alcoholic.

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Dec 22 2005, 01:18 PM)
I remember when Lauren was a teenager on the show. She and Tracy Abbott were competing for Danny Romalotti.

Was that before Danny had an affair with Phyllis? Phyllis tricked Danny into thinking that her kid was his. Danny was a player, the day before Chris was supposed to marry Paul she slept with Danny. What a dog.

LOL rofl3.gif

No, the competition between Lauren and Tracy was way back in the early 80's (1983 or 1984).

I remember when Phyllis seduced Danny which was not that long ago. You gotta remember that soap opera children miraculously become teenagers after they've been away at boarding school for a few months.

One thing about the actress that plays Lauren is that she played a killer in a movie called "Happy Birthday to Me" from around 1981. She was going to try to kill Melissa Sue Anderson's character.

QUOTE (yyzena @ Dec 21 2005, 05:46 PM)
QUOTE (Daylin @ Dec 10 2005, 12:11 AM)
QUOTE (kyracat @ Dec 9 2005, 11:18 PM)
Does Law and Order remotly count?

I think it does smile.gif

Yes, I think it should count, also. SVU is one of my favorites. wink.gif

Same here! biggrin.gif

my fav is tied between "days of our lives" and "general hospital"

i've been watching both of these since i was very little

does anyone remember santa barbara?

some really big names came out of that soap

and the other one i used to watch was "another world" i hear it's on satellite but i don't have that ... it's all reruns anyhow

Archived