Concerts attended

floydfanatic111

Here is a list of bands and when I saw them

The Who(25th anniversary tour), Sullivan Stadium(a/k/a Foxboro Stadium), Foxboro, MA(July 14, 1989, my first concert I went with oldest brother Shawn and his ex-girlfriend)

Rush(Counterparts tour) with Candlebox, Providence Civic Center, Providence, RI(May 1, 1994, I attended with my third oldest sister Tania, her now husband Bryan and his friend Steve)

Pink Floyd(The Division Bell tour), Foxboro Stadium, Foxboro, MA(May 19, 1994, I attended with my brother JJ, my best friend Dennis and JJ's friend Steve)

Black Sabbath(Forbidden tour and last tour without Ozzy) with Motorhead, Great Woods, Mansfield, MA(July 13, 1995, I attended with my best friend Dennis and my old friend Bob)

KISS(reunion tour), Fleet Center, Boston, MA(July 30, 1996, worst concert experience for me as I had to play hold the drunk up on feet which was my second oldest brother Michael plus I attended with my brother JJ, my best friend Dennis, Dennis' sister Sasha, my other friend Chuck and his brother Jeff and JJ's friend Shawn)

Rush(Test For Echo tour), Great Woods, Mansfield, MA(June 23, 1997, I attended with older sister Tina)

The Who(Quadrophenia tour 1997), Great Woods, Mansfield, MA(July 31, 1997, I attended with my oldest brother Shawn who came out from Michigan)

KISS(Psycho Circus tour), Fleet Center, Boston, MA(November 12, 1998, I attended with my brother JJ, my best friend Dennis, Dennis' sister Sasha, my other friend John and JJ's friend Brian)

Roger Waters(In the Flesh '99 tour), Tweeter Center(a/k/a Great Woods), Mansfield, MA(August 4, 1999, I attended with my brother in law Shawn)

KISS(supposed Farewell Tour) with Ted Nugent, Tweeter Center, Mansfield, MA(June 11, 2000, I attended with my brother JJ, my best friend Dennis, Dennis' sister Sasha, Sasha's friend Jeanine and JJ's friend Brian)

Roger Waters(In the Flesh 2000 tour), Providence Civic Center(now Dunkin Donuts Center), Providence, RI(July 16, 2000)(his last US show on 2000 tour, I attended with older sister Tina)

Iron Maiden(Brave New World tour reunited with Adrian Smith and Bruce Dickinson) with Halford and Queensryche, Tweeter Center, Mansfield, MA (August 6, 2000, I went with my best friend Dennis(he wanted to see the 'Ryche whilst I wanted Maiden) and his sister Sasha)

AC/DC(Stiff Upper Lip tour) with Buckcherry, Fleet Center, Boston, MA(May 4, 2001, I attended with best friend Dennis)

Ted Nugent, Deep Purple(last tour with Jon Lord) and Lynyrd Skynyrd(they were beyond awful), Tweeter Center, Mansfield, MA(June 23, 2001, myself, my best friend Dennis(whom forced me to this show for Nuge and Purple) and his sister attended. Skynyrd was akin to a KKK rally, YAWN!)

Dio, The Scorpions and Deep Purple(first tour with Don Airey), Tweeter Center, Mansfield, MA(June 26, 2002, my best friend Dennis and I saw this)

Rush(Vapor Trails tour), Tweeter Center, Mansfield, MA(July 12, 2002, I attended with my brother in law, Bryan(my sister Tania's husband))

The Who(first Mass appearance without The Ox) with Robert Plant, Tweeter Center, Mansfield, MA(July 26, 2002, I attended with older sister Tina)

Rolling Stones(Licks Tour) with The Pretenders, Gillette Stadium, Foxboro, MA(September 5, 2002, I attended with older sister Tina)

KISS with Poison Rock the Nation(should have been called Put to Sleep Back in 2000 tour), Tweeter Center, Mansfield, MA(July 16, 2004, I sheepishly attended with my best friend Dennis(he loves KISS and he has seen them SEVEN TIMES) and his sister Sasha)

Rush(30th Anniversary tour), Tweeter Center, Mansfield, MA(August 12, 2004, I dragged my buddy Dennis to this show literally as he was not a Rush fan but he liked the show and I gave him a copy of Rush in Rio on CD as I bought me another copy earlier that day)

Judas Priest(Angel of Retribution tour reunited with Rob Halford) with Queensryche, Tweeter Center, Mansfield, MA(June 12, 2005, I attended with my buddy Dennis)

Def Leppard and Bryan Adams(Rock and Roll Doubleheader should be called The Dumbkuff Are Us tour), Campanelli Stadium, Brockton, MA(July 6, 2005, went with uncle and cousin, BORING, DL suck and Bryan Adams is YAWN)

Rolling Stones(A Bigger Bang tour), Fenway Park, Boston, MA(August 23, 2005, my oldest brother Shawn went with me and The Stones were great. We skipped The Black Eyed Peas, it was akin to when Neil Diamond opened for The Who and so forth)

I am waiting for the Queen/Paul Rodgers tour, David Gilmour's On an Island tour and the Rush 2006 tour!

Too many to name right now. I've seen most of the all time greats besides maybe Led Zeppelin and the Beatles but I was too young to go to concerts when they were touring. Name a clasic great band and chances are I've seen them. That's all I used to do is go to concerts. Most of the time I was smashed on the wall up front. From 1979 to present.

TO NAME A FEW

Rush

Sabbath

The Who

The Stones

Bowie

Robert Plant

The Firm

Metallica (in 1986 before I knew who they were)

Journey

Styx

Reo Speedwagon (hey they used to be cool)

Foghat

AC-DC (Back in black tour)

Tom Petty

Megadeath

Pantera

White Zombie

U2

Smashing Pumpkins

System of a down

Tool

REM

Nirvana

Foo Fighters

NIN

Kiss

Aerosmith

Malmstein

Triumph

Ozzy (Many times lol)

ZZ Top

Kansas

Ramones

Primas

George Clinton

Cypress Hill

No Doubt

Filter

Kracker

Guns N' Roses

Soundgarden

The Clash

Pearl Jam

Judas Priest

Iron Maiden

Cheap Trick

Motley Crue(shout at the Devil tour lol)

Rage Against The Machine

Def Leppard

Alice in Chains

Jane's Addiction

Stone Temple Pilots

Ted Nugent

Scorpions

Slayer

Korn

Heart

Anthrax

Ministry

Twisted Sister

Marilyn Manson

Green Day

Queensryche

UFO

Whitesnake

The Black Crowes

Quiet Riot

Alice Cooper

Just to name a couple right off the top of my head. Most of these I saw multiple times and the list goes on and on and on. This isn't even counting most opening bands that I don't remember the name until someone says their name and I'll say, YA I saw those guys. Not bragging or anything but I've always been a huge music fan and maybe that's why I'm so jaded about music. These are just some of the more memorable bands I've seen.

wow,ive pretty much seen every one there is to see since the late 70s,but 2 that stand out beside 35 rush shows are,stevie wonder charity concert in 95.a celebrity laden affair.the arms concert which featured,jimmy page,jeff beck,eric clapton,joe cocker,kenny jones,ron wood,jan hammer,paul rodgers,and countless others.it was quite a night.besides these ive seen.

jethro tull

kansas

the who

marillion

van halen

kiss

sabbath

dio

preist

maiden

mettalica

guns and roses

alice cooper

live

earth wind and fire

the alarm

u2

manny others.......

in the 90s my band opened for....

warrant

skid row

paul stanley

joan jett

yngwie malmsteen

and others...

ive seen tons of shows.last show i saw was journey,next one is trans siberian orchestra.

Those are some great shows on those lists! I don't think I could possibly list all the concerts I've attended but I would put the total at over 1000. I recently brought all my ticket stubs in for one of my regulars where I tend bar and he was shocked at how many I had but there are a lot of shows that I don't even have the stubs for.

QUOTE (bardan @ Feb 17 2006, 01:14 AM)
Those are some great shows on those lists! I don't think I could possibly list all the concerts I've attended but I would put the total at over 1000. I recently brought all my ticket stubs in for one of my regulars where I tend bar and he was shocked at how many I had but there are a lot of shows that I don't even have the stubs for.

Sounds about like myself. Last count was well over 750, starting in '77 with Kiss. I on the other hand have most of my ticket stubs mounted in 20+ frames hanging on my walls all around the house. They're always a great conversation piece at parties!

Only bands I have never seen (that I cared about):

The Beatles (as a whole)

Zeppelin (as a whole)

Hendrix

I feel very fortunate biggrin.gif cool.gif

As for myself as a musician, I have played well over 5000 gigs. 5 nights a week for over 25 years.

1st concert-BTO 1976-great drum solo

Last concert-U2 2005-birthday present to wife

every thing from Dan Fogelberg to Godsmack in between

Love the outdoor/festival shows

from a couple hundred people at Luther College-Decorah IA

to 50,000 at The World Series of Rock-Milwaukee County Stadium(tore down)

Greatest individual performance-Scott Stapp w/Creed

Greatest number of multiple shows-Kansas,Rush

I don't get too many big shows around here, and last summer didn't have the means to drive anywhere else. But I can say that my first major concert was Rush. Last run of concerts was 7 Dave Matthews Band concerts 3000 miles apart (4 days in New York, 3 days in Washington)

RUSH (X10)

* FASTWAY

* MARILLION

* CANDLEBOX

* MR. BIG (X3)

YES (X3)

VAN HALEN

IRON MAIDEN/FREHLEY'S COMET

LIVING COLOUR

JOURNEY

JOAN ARMATRADING (X2)

INDIGO GIRLS

TORI AMOS

BRUCE HORNSBY

STEVE WINWOOD

STEVE MILLER BAND (X2)

CROSBY, STILLS, AND NASH/FLEETWOOD MAC

SPIN DOCTORS

R.E.M.

PSYCHEDELIC FURS/JIMMY CLIFF

SIMPLE MINDS

MONKEES

... that's it for nationally-known bands. Besides Rush, my favorite was probably Living Colour.

Archived