Coheed and Cambria, very cool stuff!

launchpad67a

These guys aren't too bad. I started a post about them over a year ago when one of their friends saw me in Manhattan wearing a Rush shirt and told me that I would probably like Coheed if I liked Rush. At the time I never heard of them before but shortly after I started hearing a lot about them.

QUOTE (launchpad67a @ Dec 3 2005, 08:39 PM)
Heard a new tune today. So I searched for the video and here it is! Very cool band...I think.
http://www.sonymusic.com/artists/CoheedAnd...VidFull_450.asx

I personally like these guys. I like the singers voice, and their pretty rocking. Gotta love that afro 1022.gif

Yeah, it's just good songwriting. Kinda 'Prog-Pop', but very listenable! I really like them but this is the only tune I've heard so....

Album of the f***ing year man... Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Volume One: From Fear Through the Eyes of Madness > your face.

Easily one of the best bands out there today, and they're actually somewhat mainstream too. Of course, I still don't think pulling them out of my ass would win an arguement in the "Todays music blows" thread...

QUOTE (Indica @ Dec 3 2005, 07:33 PM)
These guys aren't too bad. I started a post about them over a year ago when one of their friends saw me in Manhattan wearing a Rush shirt and told me that I would probably like Coheed if I liked Rush. At the time I never heard of them before but shortly after I started hearing a lot about them.

I remember that post. I like these guys a lot biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Mustard Death @ Dec 4 2005, 10:08 PM)
Album of the f***ing year man... Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Volume One: From Fear Through the Eyes of Madness > your face.

Easily one of the best bands out there today, and they're actually somewhat mainstream too. Of course, I still don't think pulling them out of my ass would win an arguement in the "Todays music blows" thread...

No one wins in that arguement. There is no winner or loser. It's all opinions. wink.gif

QUOTE (Indica @ Dec 5 2005, 01:00 AM)
QUOTE (Mustard Death @ Dec 4 2005, 10:08 PM)

No one wins in that arguement. There is no winner or loser. It's all opinions. wink.gif

As much of a folly as it is, I always liked proving people wrong...

I love Coheed and Cambria! Apparently they're supposed to be Rush influenced? The guitar reminds me of them occassionally, and the high-pitched voice of Claudio Sanchez, but yeah. I don't see the connection as much as Spin magazine does, apparently.

I just saw Coheed live 2 days ago at Not So Silent Night, they were only on stage about 40 minutes, but it was good. I dont know why, but I had it in my mind that I wouldnt like them at first, but the live show really pulled me in. Very energetic and committed vibe from them in thier music, and the mosh pit was a workout, heh. I dont really see the connection between Rush and C&C either, sure they have higher octave vocals and do epic type material. But the music doesnt strike at all as early Rush to me.

Cool man, I was wondering how they were live. I don't really hear any Rush in their music, I just liked their stuff so I posted the video.

Coheed and Cambria are one of my favorite new groups. i have seen them twice and both times were amazing. oh, and i think the rush influence is there, but i just dont think they sound like them very much. mainly, the song arrangements being unconventional is similar to Rush in the late 70's. either way.....good band.

I just got the Starland Ballroom CD/DVD... and it's not that great, in my opinion. Claudio just doesn't sing that well live... Maybe it was just that show, or maybe not...

But it seemed like he was singing the songs like I do O_o.... Missing a lot of words from lack of breath, doing certain vocal parts totally different (and not in a good way), and, and, eh...

A good album I suppose, I just think he could step it up a bit.

I still love him, though.

Archived