AudioSlave

pedro2112

Out Of Exile? Yup I picked it up a few months ago. I know they are in the studio already recording a new album, less then half a year after the release of there 2nd work. That is the kind of work ethic I wish a lot more bands would adopt, not just trying to milk one successful album for all its worth. I missed seeing them twice this year though, for one reason or another. Hopefully they havent gotten big enough yet where they have to do arena shows, it would be nice to see them in the smaller venues still.

I haven't yet, but I'd like to. I love Chris Cornell. Soundgarden's "Superunknown" is one of my all time favorite CDs. Anyone who's seen "Collateral" with Tom Cruise and Jamie Foxx - isn't there music by AudioSlave in this movie? I had a "debate" with my husband about this.

1. Briefcase - Tom Rothrock

2. The Seed (2.0) (Extended Radio Edit) - The Roots Featuring Cody ChesnuTT

3. Hands Of Time - Groove Armada

4. Guero Canelo - Calexico

5. Rollin' Crumblin' - Tom Rothrock

6. Max Steals Briefcase - James Newton Howard

7. Destino De Abril - The Green Car Motel

8. Shadow On The Sun - Audioslave

9. Island Limos - James Newton Howard

10. Spanish Key - Miles Davis

11. Bach: Air In C Minor BWV991 - Klazz Brothers & Cuba Percussion

12. Ready Steady Go (Remix) - Oakenfold

13. Car Crash - Antonio Pinto

14. Vincent Hops Train - James Newton Howard

15. Finale - James Newton Howard

16. Requiem - Antonio Pinto

Anyways, I have AS's first album (self-titled), and I wasn't too impressed. A lot of the music I found not as good as Rage Against the Machine, and Cornell's vocals have gone to hell...

QUOTE (Mustard Death @ Nov 29 2005, 03:31 PM)
8. Shadow On The Sun - Audioslave

Cornell's vocals have gone to hell...

Ha! I knew it. He's goin' down...

Thanks, D.

Oh, and I disagree about Cornell's voice. He's simply toned it down a bit. Sometimes singers do that, ya' know what I mean?

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Nov 29 2005, 04:06 PM)
I missed seeing them twice this year though, for one reason or another. Hopefully they havent gotten big enough yet where they have to do arena shows, it would be nice to see them in the smaller venues still.

I hear ya. I found out that Audioslave was playing live in Chicago the day after the show! My wife loves Cornell. I think his voice (in studio) sounds a thousand times better than with early Soundgarden.

QUOTE (sullysue @ Nov 29 2005, 05:46 PM)
QUOTE (Mustard Death @ Nov 29 2005, 03:31 PM)
8.  Shadow On The Sun - Audioslave

Cornell's vocals have gone to hell...

Ha! I knew it. He's goin' down...

Thanks, D.

Oh, and I disagree about Cornell's voice. He's simply toned it down a bit. Sometimes singers do that, ya' know what I mean?

No problem.

And I know what you mean, but I just think his vocals sound bad now... because he was a heavy smoker. He was incredible in Soundgarden, then he killed his vox with cigarrettes. I also hear he sounds even worse live, but I've never heard them live, so I can't say for sure.

I heard he stopped though, so maybe he'll improve a little bit...

I like their first album better, personally. Both are good, but...you can't beat "Like A Stone."

Did anyone see their performance on "Live 8"? They did "Stone" and it sounded BAD. I mean, BAD. I hated to see that, but they obviously had a sound problem or something.

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Nov 29 2005, 08:57 PM)
I wouldnt judge a band by festival type shows. Those are so huge and impersonal, very hard for the band to feel like they are connecting to the audience and feed off the audiences reactions. I wanna see them first before I write them off as a bad live act though.

No, I agree. I wasn't judging them. I already love them. smile.gif That particular performance was bad. That's all I meant.

I will check this one out for sure. I always liked Cornells voice. I liked Soundgarden a lot but I seen them twice and I don't know what it was but the sound was pretty shitty both times I seen them. The mix was horrible and a couple times it took me a few minutes to figure out what song they were playing. That's pretty bad!! I thought the studio stuff from Soundgarden sounded great though.

I'd like to see Audioslave live though, I always though Rage had a great cutting edge sound so I am guessing Audioslave sounds good live too. Cornell has a great voice for Rock music IMO.

i prefer cornell with soundgarden.but i do like some audioslave.

Archived