This year's inducties

ladirushfan80

NEW YORK - Black Sabbath, Miles Davis and the Sex Pistols are among five musical legends to be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Foundation will hold its induction ceremony March 13 at the Waldorf Astoria Hotel in Manhattan, the organization announced Monday.

Also to be inducted into the class of 2006: 1980s New Wave band Blondie and Southern rockers Lynyrd Skynyrd.

Herb Alpert and Jerry Moss, who founded A&M records in 1962, will receive a lifetime achievement award in the non-performer category.

Inductees into the side-men category will be announced at a later date.

Musicians, industry professionals and journalists vote on the nominations. Artists are eligible to be inducted into the Rock Hall after at least 25 years have passed since their first record was released.

___

On the Net:

http://www.rockhall.com/

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Nov 28 2005, 03:58 PM)
This is why I hope Rush never gets in. Except for Sabbath, and Miles Davis, none of those bands would deserve to be in an actual Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.

The Hall of Fame is about as relevant as the Grammy Awards.

goodpost.gif

although, i wouldn't mind at all if they got in - they deserve any and all recognition available, even if from sub-standard organizations like the RRHF. i haven't lost complete respect for the RRHF like i have for something like the grammys 062802puke_prv.gif

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Nov 28 2005, 04:58 PM)
This is why I hope Rush never gets in. Except for Sabbath, and Miles Davis, none of those bands would deserve to be in an actual Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.

I agree!!

Yipee for Sabbath.

although before their induction, every band I had ever been a true fan of hadn't been inducted. Rush, Deep Purple, Balck Sabbath...

I was watching the UK Rock Hall of fame induction on VH1 classic. Black sabbath was inducted there also. But they were billed as OZZY OSBOURNE/Black Sabbath....

Ozzy was better with Sabbath

Sabbath was better without Ozzy.

I was annoyed they gave him so much credit. Geezer Butler wrote Sabbath's lyrics, and tony Ionmi did the guitar work, isn't that what they are famous for?

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Nov 28 2005, 07:58 PM)

That's the sad truth.

Some great bands had to wait to get in.

For instance, Pink Floyd were passed on in 1992/93 and again in 1993/94 and 1994/95. Floyd were FINALLY inducted in January 1996. Queen were rejected in 1998/99 and 1999/2000 and were inducted in March of 2001.

AC/DC had to wait a few years or so before they got in. Rush will be in at some point.

Rush got famous on music and they have influenced so many bands.

Other prog legends like Genesis, Yes and ELP are still shafted.

Even Grand Funk Railroad are not in and they were the first successful American rock trio although their later records after manager Terry Knight was fired stunk but their music from 1969 to 1972 was memorable. Van Halen still get shafted!

QUOTE (floydfanatic111 @ Nov 29 2005, 07:00 PM)
For instance, Pink Floyd were passed on in 1992/93 and again in 1993/94 and 1994/95. Floyd were FINALLY inducted in January 1996. Queen were rejected in 1998/99 and 1999/2000 and were inducted in March of 2001.
AC/DC had to wait a few years or so before they got in. Rush will be in at some point.
Even Grand Funk Railroad are not in and they were the first successful American rock trio although their later records after manager Terry Knight was fired stunk but their music from 1969 to 1972 was memorable. Van Halen still get shafted!

Floyd got passed over THREE TIMES? ohmy.gif

QUOTE (kazzman @ Nov 30 2005, 01:45 AM)
I've said it before and I'll say it again...

the RRHF is nothing but a gimmick.

That's probably why I have no idea who is in it.

I just assumed Sabbath was in it already. Since they aren't then it's not a big deal for anyone to be there. I could imagine who all is in there but I really don't care enough to research and find out for sure. It's all just peoples opinions anyway, which means very little in my book. What I mean is, half the bands that have ever been popular are bands that I don't care much for anyway so that's probably the same bands that are in the HOF so blah. LOL

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Nov 30 2005, 12:42 AM)

Floyd were passed over THREE TIMES! The critics hated Pink Floyd. The band got in because of their mammoth album sales, larger-than-life concert spectaculars, immeasurable charity work and influence on bands like Tool, Radiohead, Smashing Pumpkins(Billy Corgan inducted PF in and played Wish You Were Here with David Gilmour and Rick Wright at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction) and Primus(Les Claypool is a HUGE Floyd fan)among others. I watched a VH1 thing and one critic griped about Floyd being in and wanted The Young Rascals in! I was like f**k you! Long live Rush and LONG LIVE THE FLOYD!

http://www.brain-damage.co.uk/pics/live8wave.jpg

QUOTE (floydfanatic111 @ Nov 30 2005, 03:00 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Nov 30 2005, 12:42 AM)

Floyd were passed over THREE TIMES! The critics hated Pink Floyd. The band got in because of their mammoth album sales, larger-than-life concert spectaculars, immeasurable charity work and influence on bands like Tool, Radiohead, Smashing Pumpkins(Billy Corgan inducted PF in and played Wish You Were Here with David Gilmour and Rick Wright at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction) and Primus(Les Claypool is a HUGE Floyd fan)among others. I watched a VH1 thing and one critic griped about Floyd being in and wanted The Young Rascals in! I was like f**k you! Long live Rush and LONG LIVE THE FLOYD!

http://www.brain-damage.co.uk/pics/live8wave.jpg

How can anyone gripe about Pink Floyd being let in the hall of fame? Might as well also complain about Led Zeppelin or Jimi Hendrix being let in. Or The Beatles or the Stones. Jeez! fing.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Nov 28 2005, 07:58 PM)
QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Nov 28 2005, 03:58 PM)

goodpost.gif

although, i wouldn't mind at all if they got in - they deserve any and all recognition available, even if from sub-standard organizations like the RRHF. i haven't lost complete respect for the RRHF like i have for something like the grammys 062802puke_prv.gif

Or the Miss America pageant...! cool.gif laugh.gif

Archived