The Complete Tour Books

robertkincaid96

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ Nov 28 2005, 03:16 PM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ Nov 28 2005, 02:00 PM)
$500!!!!!  ohmy.gif Damned it!

Thanks a lot guys. Keep putting stuff out there that I can't afford.  angry.gif

SS, at least they give us good quality stuff!

you're right. yes.gif

I still can't afford most of it. no.gif

sad.gif

QUOTE (sullysue @ Nov 28 2005, 03:22 PM)
QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ Nov 28 2005, 03:16 PM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ Nov 28 2005, 02:00 PM)
$500!!!!!  ohmy.gif Damned it!

Thanks a lot guys. Keep putting stuff out there that I can't afford.  angry.gif

SS, at least they give us good quality stuff!

you're right. yes.gif

I still can't afford most of it. no.gif

sad.gif

I'm soooo with ya on that one fists crying.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Nov 28 2005, 04:08 PM)
i'm pretty sure only the signed limited editons are five hundred bux. there's probably a regular edition for us meager peon fans that can't afford his highness's signatature and hand numbering.

It's all three of their highnesses' signatures! For that kind of money, you'd think they were famous or something. Geeze.

QUOTE (exiled yorkie @ Nov 28 2005, 04:28 PM)
another rush rip off, much like the 500 dollar jacket

Hey man, that jacket was actually the right price. I paid $375 for a regular leather jacket.

$500 is an exhorbitant price for an autographed coffee table book, but you know there are at least 500 diehard, coked-up Rush fans out there with money to burn who will buy anything with the boys' sigs on it. Make no mistake -- all 500 of those signed books WILL be sold.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Nov 28 2005, 07:52 PM)
$500 is an exhorbitant price for an autographed coffee table book, but you know there are at least 500 diehard, coked-up Rush fans out there with money to burn who will buy anything with the boys' sigs on it. Make no mistake -- all 500 of those signed books WILL be sold.

You're damned right they will! biggrin.gif I saw the info in an email an hour ago after I got home from work and it took me less than 5 minutes to order that mofo! 1022.gif

C'mon now, it's all the existing tour books wrapped up in a very cool package and signed by all 3 of the Power Trio themselves.

The clincher of course is, and I ordered the tour book because of this one thing, there are ONLY 500 of them!

Now if there had been say 5000 or so then I might not have been so anxious to jump on this offer but, damn only 500? I had to buy it!

I consider this an investment in 2.gif that will certainly be worth more than a measly $500 down the road in a few years. Not that i would sell the tour book anyway, which I wouldn't unless the price was very right, and I still don't know if I would sell it.

I just wonder what number I am now as Neil numbered all the books himself. yes.gif I'll keep you posted.

I have ALL the tourbooks, and I have autographed by all 3 stuff, so for me $500 is too much.

Had I not bought all the A. M. prints and some other great stuff in the past 6 months, FOR SURE I would have been on this like a fat kid on a Hershey Bar.

I did order it, but cancelled when I saw the grand total after taxes and shipping $718 CDN I just can't afford that right now. I bought the jacket, bought the new T's, bought the belt buckle, I've bought it all...........I am spent (and so's my $$$) sad.gif

Oh I did ask my husband when he got home if he wanted to buy me a present - I showed him what I wanted and he thinks I have finally gone right off the deep end doh.gif drool1.gif z7shysterical.gif rage.gif

I sure hope I'm not the only one on TRF who invests their hard earned $$$ in anything. Sure, this tour book is a nice investment and with only 500 signed/numbered copies printed, it will make for a nice little return one day as the amount of copies in existance will determine the asking price in the future but, I'm talking more along the lines of stocks, etc. or whatever you like, and investing more than $500 if possible or, whatever you can afford to really.

You need to invest to make a good return on your money these days. Putting it in the bank and letting inflation eat on it is not maximizing your money's potential if you know what I mean. LOL.gif

I'm not saying that I'm rich or anything because I'm not. Hell, I just started investing less than 5 years ago but, I can see the results already. Sometime in the future, through investing my $$$, I should be in good financial shape if I stick with it.

Anyway, just food for thought. Back to the topic at hand... 2.gif

Edit: (Was posting but Rushgirl posted hers before me)...wow Rushgirl, sounds like you have a lot of stuff there lol I really don't have much stuff along those lines of collectibles, I just tend to jump on certain things every now and then. This being one of them. Happy for you tho'. common001.gif

Edited by SiriusRushFan

QUOTE (Rushgirl @ Nov 28 2005, 10:47 PM)
I have ALL the tourbooks, and I have autographed by all 3 stuff, so for me $500 is too much.

WOW!! Rushgirl that is sweet. How did you get your hands on that elusive 2112 tour book??

I have every one in mint condition EXCEPT for that damn 2112 book. I have never seen it for less than $250.

I AM SOOOOO..... JEALOUS!!!! doh.gif

FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS! ohmy.gif If i was a single man I'd buy it in a heart beat but if I bought it now ... I would soon be one. laugh.gif

How much is the less gourmet addition going to cost?

QUOTE (yyzyy @ Nov 28 2005, 06:52 PM)
I WISH I WAS RICH!!!

But I'll wait for the standard edition...hope it comes with the slipcase! biggrin.gif

http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7000332389

"October 2, 2005 4:01 a.m. EST

The book will consist of every tour book the band has ever had and combine them all for one large historic pictorial of the group's 31-year history. The book is currently under construction, but is likely to hit stores by January 2006.

The book will come in a limited special leather edition that will feature autographs of all three band members with a slipcase. A standard version of the book will run for $100."

Who's going to buy the standard version for $100, if that ends up happening?

QUOTE (softfilter @ Nov 29 2005, 02:00 PM)
FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS! ohmy.gif If i was a single man I'd buy it in a heart beat but if I bought it now ... I would soon be one.

laugh.gif

Yeah, the argument of "Sweetheart, I've got to go out an spend $100 on coke so that I can be off my head enough to spend $500 (plus shipping!) on, er, a book" doesn't cut much ice with the ladies...

You know, if I did buy it it eould always be there on my shelf mocking me silently saying "What the blazes were you thinking off. A holiday or me, you chose me".

Lve to all

Disco