Dead Poets Society

NeilPeartFan2112

I've always loved this movie. I own it and watch it at least once or twice a year. I can only take so much Robin Williams, but I thought he was wonderful in this movie.
  • Like 1

I liked the movie the first time I watched it, but after a couple of more viewings, I didn't like it as much. confused13.gif

QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Nov 27 2005, 12:02 PM)
I only saw it once and thought it was great. Another good movie with Williams playing a non-comedic role was "What Dreams May Come" or something like that. excellent.

Yes he was excellent in that one, Dead Poets Society and Good Will Hunting....I think he is better at pulling off drama as opposed to comedy better than Jim Carrey IMO...Also The Fisher King and the underrated Jakob The Liar...

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Nov 27 2005, 09:53 AM)
I only saw it once and thought it was great. Another good movie with Williams playing a non-comedic role was "What Dreams May Come" or something like that. excellent.

Yes he was excellent in that one, Dead Poets Society and Good Will Hunting....I think he is better at pulling off drama as opposed to comedy better than Jim Carrey IMO...Also The Fisher King and the underrated Jakob The Liar...

I personally think both Robin Williams AND Jim Carrey are brilliant dramatic actors and should never do comedies. They're gifted comedians, but I think that kind of dramatic talent should really be used regularly.

Dead Poets Society is one of my absolute favorite Robin Williams movie and overall a genuinely beautiful and brilliant movie. I've seen it at least 5 times, maybe even up to 10!

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Nov 28 2005, 01:56 AM)
I personally think both Robin Williams AND Jim Carrey are brilliant dramatic actors

Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind. Great Movie! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Nov 27 2005, 01:53 PM)

I'll have to check those out. Thanks guys! trink39.gif

Saw this when it first came out. Didn't think much of it then but it's grown on me over the years.

Expertly crafted by Peter Weir. One of my favorite directors whose other work includes:

Picnic at Hanging Rock

The Year of Living Dangerously

Witness

The Mosquito Coast

Fearless

The Truman Show

Master and Commander

Edited by savagegrace26