Before you die, you'll see 'The Ring 2'

Jack Aubrey

After you click the link, you'll be taken to an animateed page with a static-filled TV screen, when you see the ring in the lower left of the screen, click on it and it will take you to a new screen with links to view the trailer. Pretty creepy stuff.

'The Ring 2'

QUOTE (BSG @ Oct 14 2004, 06:28 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Oct 14 2004, 10:37 AM)
At least Naomi Watts is in it again. 1022.gif

I liked "The Ring," but it didn't creep me out as much as I wanted it to. I still might see this.

Yeah. I really expected the first one to be more.... well, scary. It had its moments.

This new one looks good.

I saw the first one at night on a big screen. The idea behind it when I first saw it sounded incredible, but it just wasnt quite what I thought it could be. Therefore I am going to be skeptical of this one as well. I also noticed in the trailer at one point they used the trick of having you focus on one thing and then bring some spooky image to view really fast. That trick worked on me the first time I saw kikia.swf, but after the next hundred times, its kinda worn off.

I am a big fan of the original Ring (the title Ringu is actually a bad translation). I did not like the remake at all but I am very happy that the sequal is being directed Hideo Nakata who did the first two Japanese versions.

That said, if you really want to see a scary Japanese ghost story check out Ju-on. Nothing compares to it! It's also just been remade as the Grudge. I am looking forward to that one. My friend (well, more of a friend of my GF) in Japan is very good friends with the woman who plays the ghost in these movies.