Happy Holidays (Xmas lights video)

SiriusRushFan

Not sure if this, or anything relating to TSO, has been posted on here before but, if so, it's worth a second look! yes.gif

Enjoy! Christmas Lights

That is the Xmas shit there baby! 1022.gif Took a lot of creativity to do that stuff with those lights. Hats off to that family. And TSO too. The Orchestra's site... TSO

Have always loved start/stop timed music action some bands are capable of playing, like you know who - 2.gif cool.gif . TSO is playing here in Richmond tonight as a matter of fact but, couldn't make it this week. angry.gif Have never seen them yet either. Will have to wait to see them next week in Hampton on the 30th! Dates

that was freakin awesome!!!!!!i love tso,going to see them 12/16 in hartford!

I know I've posted this before but TSO roots are in the band SAVATAGE. If you like TSO, then get SAVATAGE's Hall of the Mountain King, where it all started. The guitarists in TSO and the drummer are are current members of Savatage. The main creator/visionary of TSO is Savatage's long time producer Paul O'neil and their main composer is the brilliant Jon Oliva. Savatage isn't Christmas music, but you'll like it. Just ask Kazz.

Side note... as I was just about to post this... SAVATAGE's RAGE off of their debut album SIRENS came up on shuffle. Pretty cool. 1022.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Nov 24 2005, 05:39 PM)
I know I've posted this before but TSO roots are in the band SAVATAGE. If you like TSO, then get SAVATAGE's Hall of the Mountain King, where it all started. The guitarists in TSO and the drummer are are current members of Savatage. The main creator/visionary of TSO is Savatage's long time producer Paul O'neil and their main composer is the brilliant Jon Oliva. Savatage isn't Christmas music, but you'll like it. Just ask Kazz.

Side note... as I was just about to post this... SAVATAGE's RAGE off of their debut album SIRENS came up on shuffle. Pretty cool. 1022.gif

Wasn't it Savatage that recorded the track "Christmas Eve/Sarajevo (12/24)" for TSO's album 'Christmas Eve and Other Tales' rather than TSO themselves? (Christmas Eve/Sarjaevo is TSO's version of Carol of the Bells)

Side Note: Great Necro, now you've got me putting Hall of the Mountain King in my cd player...

QUOTE (thestand @ Nov 24 2005, 04:28 PM)
26/12 here in Albany. Do they have a show on 21/12???

I see that they do. cool.gif

Wed. 21 Dec. Baltimore, MD Mariner Arena 7:30PM

Wed. 21 Dec. Little Rock, AR Alltel Arena 7:30PM

Playing 2 places on the same night means they have enough members to split up and do this I guess.

QUOTE (SiriusRushFan @ Nov 24 2005, 08:15 PM)
QUOTE (thestand @ Nov 24 2005, 04:28 PM)
26/12 here in Albany. Do they have a show on 21/12???

I see that they do. cool.gif

Wed. 21 Dec. Baltimore, MD Mariner Arena 7:30PM

Wed. 21 Dec. Little Rock, AR Alltel Arena 7:30PM

Playing 2 places on the same night means they have enough members to split up and do this I guess.

I'm going to that one in Little Rock... 1022.gif

I know I've posted this before but TSO roots are in the band SAVATAGE.  If you like TSO, then get SAVATAGE's Hall of the Mountain King, where it all started.  The guitarists in TSO and the drummer are are current members of Savatage.  The main creator/visionary of TSO is Savatage's long time producer Paul O'neil and their main composer is the brilliant Jon Oliva.  Savatage isn't Christmas music, but you'll like it.  Just ask Kazz. 

Side note... as I was just about to post this... SAVATAGE's RAGE off of their debut album SIRENS came up on shuffle.  Pretty cool.  1022.gif

Hey thanks Necromancer. I knew about the TSO - Savatage connection from the site, just didn't know about the Hall of the Mountain King. Will have to check it out. trink39.gif

QUOTE (SiriusRushFan @ Nov 24 2005, 08:22 PM)
I know I've posted this before but TSO roots are in the band SAVATAGE.  If you like TSO, then get SAVATAGE's Hall of the Mountain King, where it all started.  The guitarists in TSO and the drummer are are current members of Savatage.  The main creator/visionary of TSO is Savatage's long time producer Paul O'neil and their main composer is the brilliant Jon Oliva.  Savatage isn't Christmas music, but you'll like it.  Just ask Kazz. 

Side note... as I was just about to post this... SAVATAGE's RAGE off of their debut album SIRENS came up on shuffle.  Pretty cool.  1022.gif

Hey thanks Necromancer. I knew about the TSO - Savatage connection from the site, just didn't know about the Hall of the Mountain King. Will have to check it out. trink39.gif

Make sure you listen to the song called "Prelude to Madness"

You'll definitely notice the TSO roots in that song...

QUOTE (mully_53 @ Nov 24 2005, 08:42 PM)
http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?showtopic=11565

LOL damn, didn't even see that post. Beat me by a day. tongue.gif

Hard to keep up with all the damn posts on this forum. wacko.gif Gets so time consuming, and would literally take me 3 hours or more a day after work reading and responding to all of the various forums I visit. I'm just not gonna spend that much time doing that so, I have to visit a couple different ones per day.

QUOTE (kazzman @ Nov 24 2005, 07:34 PM)

Wasn't it Savatage that recorded the track "Christmas Eve/Sarajevo (12/24)" for TSO's album 'Christmas Eve and Other Tales' rather than TSO themselves? (Christmas Eve/Sarjaevo is TSO's version of Carol of the Bells)

Side Note: Great Necro, now you've got me putting Hall of the Mountain King in my cd player...

Christmas Eve/Sarajevo (12/24) is a SAVATAGE song. It's off their second rock opera DEAD WINTER DEAD. It definitely paved the way for TSO and TSO re-recorded it on their first cd i believe. It is the most heavily played track in Savatage history, but unfortunately TSO always gets the credit. I think it's so funny that TSO IS Savatage, yet so many people either have no idea who Savatage is or have little respect for them. They are one of my favorite power metal bands of all time. If not for the unfortunate luck of the Oliva brothers, I think Savatage would definitely have become HUGE in the States as well as Europe. The band is a guitar player factory. Chris Oliva was about as good as they get and now Chris Caffery and Al Pitrelli (former Megadeth guitarist) handle the axe chores for both Savatage and TSO remarkably well. I also believe that Paul O'neil, the creative force behind TSO and Savatage's producer was the guitarist on the guitar heavy JESUS CHRIST SUPERSTAR album. I'm so jealous you guys are gonna see TSO. I have yet to catch them. They played THREE sold out shows here and I couldn't get a ticket in time. I couldn't even win one. When Savatage played here a few years ago at a bar downtown... they didn't sell it out. How ironic that is.

Archived