U2

endlesslymocking

So Vertigo was over played, and I liked it.

And Miracle Drug was in Ghost Girl's signature.

And I loved both of them.

SO i borrowed How to dismantle an atomic bomb from my brother.

WOW

what a great band!

I haven't heard any of their older stuff except Sunday Bloody Sunday and Pride.

What should I try next?

QUOTE (launchpad67a @ Nov 21 2005, 08:55 PM)
Get the newest DVD 'Vertigo 2005 - Live from Chicago'...it is amazing!!!!

My wife and I were at that show, believe it or not. I enjoyed it, even though I'm not a hardcore fan. My wife is a hardcore fan, however. (Beautiful Day was played as we walked into our wedding reception.) You can see us in the last row of the upper level, farthest possible seats from the stage. (Thank you, Ticketbastard.)

Whatever one thinks of the band, one has to give Bono credit for what he does away from the stage. And U2 really does stand out in terms of the meaningfulness of their songs.

(I still think Vertigo is a blatant theft of the Supremes' Keep Me Hanging On, though.)

QUOTE (anagramking @ Nov 21 2005, 11:09 PM)
Whatever one thinks of the band, one has to give Bono credit for what he does away from the stage.

I just recently read an interview with him in Rolling Stone...TALK about ego...that man defines the word. He seriously thinks that he's the messiah or something and I'm not just saying that. And they did this little section where he "pretends to be a critic" and talks about each U2 album, and for all of them he was like "one of the top 10 albums of all time!"

I've seen live footage of them and they do a great show, I'll give them that. But U2 puts me to sleep most of the time.

Archived