tough choices 2

Tick

the first one was really a no brainer,hemispheres is a better album than

caress.here a tougher one presto vs.power windows,i know my choice here whats yours? 2.gif

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (tick @ Nov 20 2005, 01:26 PM)
the first one was really a no brainer,hemispheres is a better album than 
caress.here a tougher one presto vs.power windows,i know my choice here whats yours? 2.gif

there both equal to me 1022.gif

as for presto vs.power windows? the same smile.gif

Power Windows is so much more atmospheric!!

(pardon my late arrival in this.. cool.gif )

QUOTE (cygnalschick @ Jan 6 2006, 03:38 AM)

sorry im a huge presto fan . one of my favorite albums.

I thought all this had been done before. You can never reach any conclusions where 2.gif fans are concerned. A lot of peeps prefer COS. And I know of one member who hates Hemispheres.

And since experiencing 'Hemispheres' (The tribute band) playing Fountain of Lamneth live, I realised just what a classic this is. COS has its own claim to fame.

Chacun a son gout as they say.

Power Windows v Presto - ditto.

Edited by rickyrob

This is a lot tougher for me. Both albums are just so good.

I think I'm going to have to go with Presto despite how much I love Mahatten Project, Marathon, Territories, Emotional Detector, damn I think I love all the ones on that cd...

but still I'm going to have to go with Presto. I got into Presto before I got into Power Windows so I guess thats maybe why.

I also think I like the tracks just a little bit better. I love Chain Lightening and Available light so much. Available Light just gives me so much hope, it just make me feel really optimistic. I love the lyrics to that song as well as Chain Lightening.

Show Don't Tell, Superconductor, and Hand over Fist are all real good ones one the album.

I also have a really soft spot for Anagram. I just think its amazing how they made an anagram in every single line of the song, that just amazes me. I remember when I found that out about the song I knew Rush was a one of a kind band! Whats really amazing is that the song in fact makes sense if you reason your way through it.

The Pass- perhaps the best song on the album- I'm not sure, but I love the lyrics to the song and the way it sounds is just amazing.

I love Power Windows but for me Presto is better by just a little bit.

I'm going to have to go with Power Windows. I would love to hear that album in complete surround sound. Plus, it's one of those albums that you just have to hear at maximum volume! 1022.gif

Presto is a good album, but a few of the songs just don't seem to evolve musically within the song as much as all the songs on Power Windows seem to do.

Both albums rock, though!

POWER WINDOWS but I like PRESTO a lot as well yes.gif

Presto. I prefer the scaled-down RUSH sound, when asked to choose. And Presto has some of Neil's best lyrics (and some of the weakest, I know). Love Middletown Dreams, though.

Power Windows was decent and so was Presto... but Presto I just got IN to... Power Windows it was skimming the borders.... they were both well made. Presto was their first release on an Atlantic label I believe and they were trying some new things.

Tie.

Power Windows may be the better album overall, since all the tracks are strong, but Presto is getting a lot of play at my house these days and is becoming a favorite. Presto may have more "filler" than Power Windows, but the strongest tracks on Presto beat the strongest tracks of PoW, in my opinion.

So it's a push for me...

...but Presto is starting to win me over. tongue.gif

Edited by GeddyRulz

That's a really tough decision. Power Windows and Presto both fall in my top-5 favorite albums. But if push came to shove, I suppose I'd have to go with Power Windows -- especially since Big Money is my favorite Rush song.

QUOTE (Cygnalschick @ Jan 6 2006, 12:38 AM)

It sure is. I love Middletown Dreams. What a beautiful song. unsure.gif

It's a tough choice. I like both of them. However, I thought the production on "Presto" was kind of lacking. It sounds compressed and distant. So I'm going with "Power Windows" on this one.

It's really a tough choice!

I'm going to go with Presto, for the simple fact that it has Available Light on it; that song is amazing.

Of course, so is Mystic Rhythms...

But, so is Red Tide!

Yeah, Presto it is!