the mets!

Tick

QUOTE (metaldad @ Aug 16 2010, 09:44 AM)
I speak for all Mets fans when i say..................Let's play some Football

i'm not a big football fan, and prefer hockey, but anything is better than watching this team. i even welcome the US open tennis. mvp's for this season are gary, keith, and ron.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

francisco rodriquez has a torn thumb ligament from the punch he threw.

this organization is a disgrace with the exception of gary, keith, and ron.

if they don't fire minaya before next season, i'm done. i realize it's not his fault that rodriquez busted up his hand but i just hate the guy.

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Aug 16 2010, 07:40 PM)
if they don't fire minaya before next season, i'm done.

If you do give up on them, who would you root for? Will you stay in the NL East or pick a different team?

QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Aug 16 2010, 08:16 PM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Aug 16 2010, 07:40 PM)
if they don't fire minaya before next season, i'm done.

If you do give up on them, who would you root for? Will you stay in the NL East or pick a different team?

honestly i'm pretty fed up with sports, except for maybe hockey.

i would probably just root hard for any team to beat the yankees. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Aug 24 2010, 11:32 AM)
QUOTE (tick @ Aug 16 2010, 11:21 AM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Aug 16 2010, 10:44 AM)
I speak for all Mets fans when i say..................Let's play some Football

goodpost.gif

Are most Mets fans also Jets fans?

Just asking.

I know a lot of Jet fans and they are all Yankee fans

They traded Jeff to Texas . For who ? i have no idea . The only thing i will miss is his arm. That guys got a gun . The day they trade David Wright is the day i stop being a Met fan . Seriously Edited by metaldad

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Oct 4 2010, 08:20 PM)
say goodbye to minaya and manuel. it's a long awaited breath of fresh air. laugh.gif
http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/news/story?id=5647075

They had to go. I liked Jerry even though he sucked as manager. Minaya on the other hand I am glad to see go.

QUOTE (tick @ Oct 4 2010, 07:30 PM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Oct 4 2010, 08:20 PM)
say goodbye to minaya and manuel.  it's a long awaited breath of fresh air.  laugh.gif
http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/news/story?id=5647075

They had to go. I liked Jerry even though he sucked as manager. Minaya on the other hand I am glad to see go.

nice guys don't win championships. 1287.gif minaya don't let the door hit you in the a*s. throw hernandez and darling in the dugout. 1287.gif

QUOTE (tick @ Apr 12 2011, 04:04 PM)
Season over. Insert coin.

they're already looking to the minors for bullpen help. wacko.gif write the season off and next year there will be money to spend. i'm going to check out the new stadium in may so at least i won't have a problem finding tickets and long food lines.

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Apr 12 2011, 05:25 PM)

they're already looking to the minors for bullpen help. wacko.gif write the season off and next year there will be money to spend. i'm going to check out the new stadium in may so at least i won't have a problem finding tickets and long food lines.

I would say this years bullpen may be the worst I have seen in 30+ years as a Mets fan.

QUOTE (tick @ Apr 12 2011, 07:59 PM)

I would say this years bullpen may be the worst I have seen in 30+ years as a Mets fan.

i think k-rod is a little overrated. definitely better than wagner wacko.gif but still. if you don't have a bullpen, you are dead on arrival. popcorn.gif

Ach. Whatever. Can't even watch the games for fun now because their playing is just so ridiculous.

And hey, who the hell is Bobby Ojeda kidding with that bird's nest. fing.gif

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Apr 12 2011, 09:17 PM)

i think k-rod is a little overrated. definitely better than wagner wacko.gif but still. if you don't have a bullpen, you are dead on arrival. popcorn.gif

K rod is the only legit guy in the bullpen, and yes, he is overrated.

QUOTE (tick @ Apr 13 2011, 07:03 AM)

you're right about that. eh.gif

2012 offseason for the mets is going to be very interesting. i believe beltran and reyes' contracts are up and there will be some money available for shopping around. yes.gif

how sad is it that we are already writing this season off. laugh.gif

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Apr 13 2011, 08:13 AM)
QUOTE (tick @ Apr 13 2011, 07:03 AM)

you're right about that. eh.gif

2012 offseason for the mets is going to be very interesting. i believe beltran and reyes' contracts are up and there will be some money available for shopping around. yes.gif

how sad is it that we are already writing this season off. laugh.gif

I just think its a shame that even on a shoestring budget the Mets couldn't have done at least a bit more to form a semi legit bullpen. I don't know what they thought they would get from these schleps but these guys are just awful.

Its a shame because they have a solid lineup and with some half way decent pitching they could have competed for a wildcard. With the bullpen they have and also weak starting pitching, I think about 75 to 78 wins will be the max they will possibly get this season.