music that matters!

Tick

well being new to the rush forum i basically placed this post in the wrong place the first time,but here it is again.ill limit this disscusion to progressive stuff.i really love marillion,there kind of like rush in the sense that you dont always get it at first but in time it sinks in and its great.;next...dream theater,i resently discovered this band after years of wondering,who are these guys.well ill tell ya im glad i found um,great stuff.rockin,with shades of rush at times.fans of neil will love mike portnoy,trully remarkable drummer.next up,a band i have loved for years,kansas.being a vocalist i really think steve walsh is tops in his field.there also great live!rush however opened thev door to all of this.ive feel extremely fortunate to have seen them 35 times.hope to make some new friends.talk to you all soon. bolt.gif spoooooon!!!!

QUOTE (Mustard Death @ Nov 20 2005, 12:00 AM)
I like DT, never really heard Marillion, and I have one Kansas album, Leftoverture... it's pretty good.

What non-progressive bands do you listen to?

Others may not agree but I would say check out "Misplaced Childhood" as a good starting point for Marillion. It is a masterpiece.

I highly recommend a group from england called Ozric Tentacles. OT is a little of everything in terms of techno/regggae/Indian middle eastern sounding and most importantly, ferocious paint peeeling guitar work by Ed Wynne. Fans of Vai and Petrucci might want to check them out. You can do so here

Archived