3. Limelight

4. Between the Wheels

5. Kid Gloves

6. Tai Shan

7. Hemispheres - Cygnus

8. Heresy

9. Red barchetta

10. Natural Science

QUOTE (vital signz @ Dec 2 2005, 07:13 PM)
1. A Farewell To kings
2. The Necromancer
3. Limelight
4. Between the Wheels
5. Kid Gloves
6. Tai Shan
7. Hemispheres - Cygnus
8. Heresy
9. Red barchetta
10. Natural Science

9/10

QUOTE (rickyrob @ Dec 2 2005, 09:09 PM)
1. By-Tor & the Snow Dog
2. The Necromancer
3. Limelight
4. Between the Wheels
5. Kid Gloves
6. Tai Shan
7. Hemispheres - Cygnus
8. Heresy
9. Red barchetta
10. Natural Science

applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif

Well done there Ricky

10/10

And you take a 2 point league.

Round three to follow soon.

QUOTE (Slaine mac Roth @ Dec 3 2005, 01:59 AM)
1. By-Tor & the Snow Dog
2. The Necromancer
3. Limelight
4. Between the Wheels
5. Kid Gloves
6. Tai Shan
7. Hemispheres - Cygnus
8. Heresy
9. Red barchetta
10. Natural Science

applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif

Well done there Ricky

10/10

I knew when I'd got By-tor - I found the exact part too.

I'm just a little worried that other people won't have a go now unsure.gif

I will sit out the next round for a while, I will only submit answers if no-one else does.

QUOTE (rickyrob @ Dec 4 2005, 12:24 PM)
QUOTE (Slaine mac Roth @ Dec 3 2005, 01:59 AM)
1. By-Tor & the Snow Dog
2. The Necromancer
3. Limelight
4. Between the Wheels
5. Kid Gloves
6. Tai Shan
7. Hemispheres - Cygnus
8. Heresy
9. Red barchetta
10. Natural Science

Well done there Ricky

10/10

I knew when I'd got By-tor - I found the exact part too.

I'm just a little worried that other people won't have a go now unsure.gif

I will sit out the next round for a while, I will only submit answers if no-one else does.

Fair play to you Ricky - In fairness, this run of success was a long time coming

trink39.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (Slaine mac Roth @ Dec 15 2005, 09:54 AM)
Change of plan here.  I'm going to be losing internet access soon for the forseeable future si I'm afraid there will be no more rounds.

Sorry

Hurry back, Slaine.http://usera.imagecave.com/RolindaBonz/farewell.gif

QUOTE (Dreamline @ Feb 24 2006, 01:23 PM)
I'll take that as a resounding "no" then sad.gif

Dreamline, I'm interested. thing is, I was the only one playing it in round two when Slaine took over.

I would like to see it altered a little...and my idea is:

1. Make the clips a bit longer - perhaps 1.25 or 1.5 seconds instead of 0.75s to make it a bit easier to identify the clips.

2. The clips used to be picked randomly - i.e. the organiser would choose a song and a randomly chosen 0.75s clip would be used. Problem comes when that clip is just 0.75s of complete silence, which has happened on a couple of occasions in the past.

People give up if its too difficult.

3. Set each round for say, one week. Make it just one guess per person. However many are correct is how many points that person gets...then set a league table up with the points scored. Set a target of say, the first person to reach 50 points is the winner.

We used to have prizes for this game smile.gif

QUOTE (MrMiltonBanana @ Feb 24 2006, 06:42 PM)
Nice Ricky!

I like your ideas a lot better.

Maybe you should run it.

I would, but I've no idea how to do the clips.

There's never been a great take-up on this compy, but I'd want to deliberately make it simpler to get things going.

QUOTE (rickyrob @ Feb 24 2006, 12:54 PM)
Dreamline, I'm interested. thing is, I was the only one playing it in round two when Slaine took over.

I would like to see it altered a little...and my idea is:

1. Make the clips a bit longer - perhaps 1.25 or 1.5 seconds instead of 0.75s to make it a bit easier to identify the clips.

2. The clips used to be picked randomly - i.e. the organiser would choose a song and a randomly chosen 0.75s clip would be used. Problem comes when that clip is just 0.75s of complete silence, which has happened on a couple of occasions in the past.

People give up if its too difficult.

3. Set each round for say, one week. Make it just one guess per person. However many are correct is how many points that person gets...then set a league table up with the points scored. Set a target of say, the first person to reach 50 points is the winner.

We used to have prizes for this game smile.gif

Well I had no idea the comp was that unsubscribed. I only played in the last round but it seemed as if there were a few people playing it.

I understand what you are saying about the difficulty - but given the rules as they stand (stood?) it seemed to be fair enough - everyone was learning off everyone else's guesses.

I could certainly stretch to 1.5 secs per clip instead of .75sec but would that make it too easy?

I certainly wouldn't use random segments from a song - I would choose segments that IMO were identifiable - but only if you knew your stuff!

I'm not keen on the idea of only one set of guesses per person - as those answering later would get clues from the earlier guesses - if a timelimit of (say) 5 days was set, everyone would wait for 4.5 days to see what everyone else was guessing! I kinda like the rules the way they were (in that respect anyway)

I have a montage prepared of non-Rush songs that *I* think is fairly easy. I don't know if I have a copy here at home or if it is at my place of work - I may post that one when I find it just to test the waters - I'd ideally like to bring back the Rush themed quiz but as I have this one already prepared (that I ran on another message board) I may go with that first to see who is interested.

If the management/moderators have no objection I'd like to post that one here in the Rush-themed forum, just to get people interested - then I'd make another Rush-based one that fits into this forum better. Can someone in a position of authority give me the OK to post that here to test the water? I promise if it is successful, the next one will be Rush-themed - I don't really want to switch forums half way through.