The Mustache or the Mullet! Which one influenced Neil's writing style more?

Entre_Perpetuo

Choose one  

19 members have voted

1. 1. which one had greater influence on Neil's writing?

• That sinister Tolkeinian mustache!
    • It was all about the mullet babay!

I have read Mullet Haikus...Come on...

"Shampoo stings my eyes..."

But never a moustache Haiku.

So, Mullet wins.

Neil would have twisted and turned his 'stache to write better lyrics, but swinging the tail and waving around a good, custom mullet?

Priceless. Hair wins.

The moustache was the fourth member of the band back then.

I thought fifth after Geddy's nose. :)

Well Alex was only half a member back then with all that hair for a face:

guitar-player-06.1980-8.jpg

I have a story about that :-)

Way back when I was a callow youth I was at The Royal Highland Exhibition Hall (known locally as the Cowshed) to see Rush on the Signals tour.

This was in the days before all seating at indoor events and as a result there was quite a bit of surging to the front, and some people were getting squashed.

Geddy quite responsibly tried to reason with the crowd and asked them to move back to give those at the front a break.

Unfortunately for him, some wag shouted out "f**k off you big nosed bastard!".....this refrain was quickly taken up by what seemed like hundreds of people like a football chant.

Poor Geddy just stood there blinking not knowing what the hell to do.....I think Alex was pissing himself.

Anyway, terribly immature but hilarious to my 15 year old self.

• Like 2

Way back when I was a callow youth I was at The Royal Highland Exhibition Hall (known locally as the Cowshed) to see Rush on the Signals tour.

This was in the days before all seating at indoor events and as a result there was quite a bit of surging to the front, and some people were getting squashed.

Geddy quite responsibly tried to reason with the crowd and asked them to move back to give those at the front a break.

Unfortunately for him, some wag shouted out "f**k off you big nosed bastard!".....this refrain was quickly taken up by what seemed like hundreds of people like a football chant.

Poor Geddy just stood there blinking not knowing what the hell to do.....I think Alex was pissing himself.

What a story!

Thats not the event corresponding to the famous Geddy clip of saying "move..back" is it?

What a story!

Thats not the event corresponding to the famous Geddy clip of saying "move..back" is it?

No, that was elsewhere I think.....In those days of no seating, it was something that bands had to do fairly often.

• Like 2

I think a lesser person might have just walked off the stage at that point. Props to Geddy for just getting on with the show.

I think a lesser person might have just walked off the stage at that point. Props to Geddy for just getting on with the show.

I am not sure I would have faulted him for that.

I do believe that was the last time they played in Edinburgh.

I am not sure I would have faulted him for that.

I do believe that was the last time they played in Edinburgh.

You're right, it was always Glasgow after that as the Ingliston Cowshed was a total toilet.

You just reminded me of an old Angus Young move. he got pelted with a beer. Stopped playing. Called the man over as he was ejected. And.. just grabbed his nose as if to say "You naughty boy!" and then obviously told him to go f-ck himself. Classic moment. Clip caption says 2000 in Phoenix.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xo5-sQYXaJA&t=64s

Edited by lerxt1990
  • Like 2

You just reminded me of an old Angus Young move. he got pelted with a beer. Stopped playing. Called the man over as he was ejected. And.. just grabbed his nose as if to say "You naughty boy!" and then obviously told him to go f-ck himself. Classic moment. Clip caption says 2000 in Phoenix.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xo5-sQYXaJA&t=64s

ddtj4lyn7wvynxnooonrbfbsnj-977.jpg