A fan is born

JARG

Just imagine the experience she would have if she listens to the song without stopping it ten times ..... :facepalm:

Just imagine the experience she would have if she listens to the song without stopping it ten times ..... :facepalm:

That's the unfortunate thing about video reactions. I never really feel like they're properly reacting to the song by pausing it so much. I get why they do it, but I still feel like that's not the proper way to hear something for the first time. There are reactors out there who do very little pausing or none at all and are able to get away with it. With her, she's an opera singer, so she's got a musical background. So, I don't mind when there's a lot of pausing if the reactor is giving an informed analysis/criticism of what they're watching.

• Like 2

This is one of the better reaction videos I have seen, she really is using her skills to analyze it rather than go Oh Wow, that's lit and blah blah. Those really irk me, it's more about them hamming it up for the camera.

She really was surprised by the changes in tempo, pleasantly so. I hope she does go back and just listen to it again, I bet she will.

• Like 3

I think we long time fans of the band some times kind of take for granted the true greatness of these 3 guys or at least don't have it at the forefront of our minds. It's awesome to see someone discovering that greatness and it reminds me all over how incredible most of their work is.
  • Like 3

I'm not really one for reactionvids that much, but whenit's someone who is musically trained who does it, it makes all the difference.

If there were multiple pauses by the usual open-mouthed grinning idiots it would be irritating, but she is using the opportunity to give an informed musical analysis.

• Like 2

I'm not really one for reactionvids that much, but whenit's someone who is musically trained who does it, it makes all the difference.

If there were multiple pauses by the usual open-mouthed grinning idiots it would be irritating, but she is using the opportunity to give an informed musical analysis.

Exactly. We can learn from it.

The Daily Doug is another really good one. He's a classically trained musician, does a great job of pulling apart the songs.

I'd also give a shout out to the Lost In Vegas guys... they're 2 rappers and they get music. The dig into the words and the musicianship like new fans would. It's cool to hear their POV on this stuff. It's not the typical 'oh...yo...look at that kit' garbage.

• Like 1

I've grown to really love her videos.

1. She understand the techinicals parts of singing so well and can articulate them

2. Her unbridled enthusiasm is infectious; her looks of pure unadulterated joy at listening to music is wonderful.

• Like 1

She mentions multiple times in almost every video that you should really enjoy the song without interruption and has stated she usually does that so she can get the real experience. She's a professionally trained singer...I'm pretty sure she understands that hearing songs in parts isn't the optimum way to listen to music.

• Like 1

Exactly. We can learn from it.

The Daily Doug is another really good one. He's a classically trained musician, does a great job of pulling apart the songs.

I'd also give a shout out to the Lost In Vegas guys... they're 2 rappers and they get music. The dig into the words and the musicianship like new fans would. It's cool to hear their POV on this stuff. It's not the typical 'oh...yo...look at that kit' garbage.

Those are the three I watch as well. Though I've grown tired of the Lost in Vegas guys. But I love Daily Doug bc he'll listen to a song I've heard a thousand times and point out things I've never noticed or didn't grasp / fully understand. He's really, really insightful.

• Like 1

I have enjoyed Andrew Rooney, he's from New Zealand and really didn't know a lot about Rush. He's a drummer and asked Rush fans recommend a video to watch and he's done multiple songs since this first video.

• Like 1

On 4/30/2022 at 4:05 AM, J2112YYZ said:

A reminder that you need at least three ears to listen properly to Rush. Failing that, regular pausing and replaying to check you heard what you think you heard.

• Like 1