Neil Trivia...!!

launchpad67a

Can't be positive on the year but...Neil started playing a certain brand and type of drum head. He played them up until probably 1985.

***EXCEPT FOR DRUMMERS...!!!!!

Can you name this brand and type? (easy question...I know)

QUOTE (o baterista @ Nov 14 2004, 11:28 AM)
NeilFinal.gif Not sure my guess would be Remo. I think he plays Remos clear ambassadors now with white muffle rings.

No, wrong. But you get the prize for being the first person to reply to my thread!!

Prize to be announced, pending a hearing and verdict from the jury! lol

QUOTE (launchpad67a @ Oct 13 2004, 05:49 AM)
Can't be positive on the year but...Neil started playing a certain brand and type of drum head. He played them up until probably 1985.

***EXCEPT FOR DRUMMERS...!!!!!
Can you name this brand and type? (easy question...I know)

Was it Slingerland?

Thats ok guys. I thought this was an easier question than it turned out to be.

Anyhow, in a PM, CygnusX-1Bk2 answered it correctly.

Back in the day Neil used 'Evans' drumheads. Cyg thought they were the Mirror Chrome models, I always thought they were the Blue Hydraulics. At any rate, they were Evans and that was the answer I was looking for.

Nice work!

When my friend Adam got the kit from Neil it had Evans Chrome (mirror) 2 plys on the closed toms (play side) and Remo resonant bottom heads. The concert toms had Remo CS Blackdots (except for the 6" which had a Tama blackdot - still a Remo but with a Tama logo), the Timbales had Remo Ambassador white coated (complete with Neil's coffee cup stain on the 13"), the snare and bass drums had Remo CS Cleardots (play side) and the gong bass drums had Remo clear Ambassador or Emperor. The front bass drum heads with the logos are also Remo clear ambassadors. The logos are hand painted on the inner part of the head. These are the heads from ESL and Adam still has all of the original heads he got with the kit.

One of the coolest things about this kit (aside from being Neil's) is the inscripted plaque on the left bass drum which states that the kit was designed by Tama for Neil and given to Adam in the fall of 1982. You can see the plaque in the picture below.

On the Hemisphers kit (Black Slingerlands) Neil used Ludwig Rocker heads which have a silver dot (as visible in the Chronicles videos for the Trees and CTTH).

On the red Tama kit Neil had red Evans hydraulics, also visible in Chronicles (Big Money). I think he had the Blue hydraulics on the blue Ludwig kit used for RTB and CP.

Adam:

http://home.earthlink.net/~jcdiazjr/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/7-3-04_adam5.jpg

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Nov 18 2004, 12:58 PM)
I love seeing that kit...

WOW!

smile.gif

It's a very cool kit. It's even better when you get to see it from 5 feet away. tongue.gif GG, maybe you'll be able to fly out here to CA sometime when it's being played.

QUOTE (Digital Man @ Nov 18 2004, 03:24 PM)
QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Nov 18 2004, 12:58 PM)
I love seeing that kit...

WOW!

smile.gif

It's a very cool kit. It's even better when you get to see it from 5 feet away. tongue.gif GG, maybe you'll be able to fly out here to CA sometime when it's being played.

I'd love it...

QUOTE (launchpad67a @ Nov 16 2004, 10:11 AM)
Back in the day Neil used 'Evans' drumheads. Cyg thought they were the Mirror Chrome models, I always thought they were the Blue Hydraulics. At any rate, they were Evans and that was the answer I was looking for.
Nice work!

On the Permanent Waves and Moving Pictures tours, Neil did indeed have Evans Blue Hydraulics on the bottomof the 3 closed tom-toms and floor tom-tom. The Evans Mirror Chrome heads were on top.

Archived