Dell Monitor Won't Wake Up

Principled Man

My Dell S2209W monitor has recently developed a problem. It won't wake up. I have to unplug it in order to get it to wake up. Even when I shut off my computer and turn it back on, it still won't wake up.

I've had this monitor for years with no issues. I haven't downloaded anything unusual. I've done all the diagnostics and driver updates. All the diagnostics tell me that everything is running just fine.

I really don't want to buy a new monitor.....

:rage: :rage:

It's possible that it's not the monitor. I had that issue several years ago at work (Windows 7, I believe) and it turned out that it was an issue with the graphics card. You may want to look at it from that angle also before you buy a new monitor.

i will check it out. Thanks. :)

Power options, sleep mode, monitor time outs, look at those?

And yesterday I also had an issue with my monitor, Samsung, it was a problem and was put in "Safe Mode".

First time,

I did a full unplug of everything, re-booted and the machines are talking again.

Did you get a new computer by chance? AMD seems to want to re-claim control. On-board graphics instead of an extra video card.

Windows 10.

Good luck!

Power options, sleep mode, monitor time outs, look at those?

And yesterday I also had an issue with my monitor, Samsung, it was a problem and was put in "Safe Mode".

First time,

I did a full unplug of everything, re-booted and the machines are talking again.

Did you get a new computer by chance? AMD seems to want to re-claim control. On-board graphics instead of an extra video card.

Windows 10.

Good luck!

My Inspiron computer is about 2 years old, and the Dell monitor is a bit older. Everything was working fine until about a week ago. I’ve made no changes. That makes me suspect that something is just dying.

I bought a new monitor, and it wakes up! I tap my keyboard or mouse, and it wakes up. :sundog:
  • Like 1