Vegas Raider WR Henry Ruggs III Booked And Arrested Today Manslaughter And DUI Charges. Tragedy! Thoughts?

RUSHHEAD666

Today is another sad day gang.

I couldn't believe the news today that Henry Ruggs III was out with his girlfriend driving his Corvette at 3:40 am with alcohol in his bloodstream.

Slamming into the back of a woman's RAV4 killing her and her dog. I feel so bad for the victims and the family.

Ruggs should get 2 to 20 years in prison under the laws of Nevada.

This is a terrible tragedy.

Any thoughts?

I am a diehard Raider fan. I loved Ruggs III. I have his jersey. He is on my fantasy team. He was doing good this year. 22 years young and an idiot.

Why not take Uber?

All NFL teams give their players access to free limos.

I don't understand this.

I know the frontal cortex of the human brain isn't fully developed until the age of 25, but come on. Common sense please.

I just can't believe this.

• Like 1

It's so sad. I guess Ruggs is too young to have heard of, or remember Gabriel Rivera. He was a defensive lineman for the Steelers in the 80s that decided to go celebrate one night , drove drunk, hit another car head on and ended up in a wheelchair the rest of his life. It happened not very far from my parents' house so I remember it. Rivera had most of the damage done to himself and lived to think about it for a lot of years. Looks like Ruggs will have time to think about this for a lot of years as well. When you're young you think you're bulletproof but you should really try not to drink and drive.

When I was in elementary school, my mom's best friend was killed in a drunk driving accident (friend was not the driver.) This was in the late 1960's and it caused changes in that family that they are still dealing with all these years later. :(

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 2

This and the Gruden thing is a big blow for the Raiders.

Big Blow Pat. Always a dark cloud over Raider Nation. No Silver And Black Cloud. Just Black. I've gone through Hell as a Raider Fan. Every season it's something negative.

At least they got rid of Gruden. Now you can bring in a good head coach.

• Like 2

It's so sad. I guess Ruggs is too young to have heard of, or remember Gabriel Rivera. He was a defensive lineman for the Steelers in the 80s that decided to go celebrate one night , drove drunk, hit another car head on and ended up in a wheelchair the rest of his life. It happened not very far from my parents' house so I remember it. Rivera had most of the damage done to himself and lived to think about it for a lot of years. Looks like Ruggs will have time to think about this for a lot of years as well. When you're young you think you're bulletproof but you should really try not to drink and drive.

When I was in elementary school, my mom's best friend was killed in a drunk driving accident (friend was not the driver.) This was in the late 1960's and it caused changes in that family that they are still dealing with all these years later. :(

Wow Becky! Thanks for sharing. So sad. It's important to talk about this. Drinking and driving is one of the stupidest things you can ever do on the Earth. Yet humans still do it every day.

Even with the invention of Uber and Lyft. People are still foolish to get behind the wheel after drinking.

I think Ruggs has a one year old.

Taking his girl out on the town for some Top Golf.

Guess they got drinks there.

Why the F would he not just leave his Vette there and Uber home. Why not call the limo that that Raiders have for him for free?

I know he's an adult at 22 but come on. Like I said, the frontal cortex of the brain isn't fully developed until at least 25. Where the heck is someone to at least make sure he doesn't hurt himself or others under contract with the Las Vegas Raiders.

I knew when the fukking Raiders were going to relocate to Sin City horrific events like this were going to happen.

The Oakland A's are going to move there next. Ugh!

• Like 2

Big Blow Pat. Always a dark cloud over Raider Nation. No Silver And Black Cloud. Just Black. I've gone through Hell as a Raider Fan. Every season it's something negative.

I agree Pat, but who?

• Like 1

I agree Pat, but who?

I don't know! Maybe the latest college sensation? Maybe some top offensive or defensive coordinator?

• Like 2

I agree Pat, but who?

I don't know! Maybe the latest college sensation? Maybe some top offensive or defensive coordinator?

I hope you are right but with Mark Davis at the helm I think the ship will sink yet again. The Raider Galleon is always springing a fuckking leak.

• Like 1

I agree Pat, but who?

I hope you are right but with Mark Davis at the helm I think the ship will sink yet again. The Raider Galleon is always springing a fuckking leak.

At least you've got a quarterback though, the SAINTS don't even have Winston now. Mind you we didn't need one to beat Brady's Bucs! :D-13:

• Like 1

I agree Pat, but who?

At least you've got a quarterback though, the SAINTS don't even have Winston now. Mind you we didn't need one to beat Brady's Bucs! :D-13:

That was a great game. Glad you guys beat Brady.

Carr is playing well Pat but I can't trust him. Especially with all of this negativity going on.

I had Carr as my back up in Fantasy. I have Josh Allen.

But someone dropped Russell Wilson onto the waiver because of his finger. I picked him up and dropped Carr.

• Like 1

You can have Jim Hairball. Oh wait, he's still dispensing the Kool-Aid to the Michigan Athletic Department, Board of Governors, and booster and alumni groups.

I agree Pat, but who?

Carr is playing well Pat but I can't trust him. Especially with all of this negativity going on.

But someone dropped Russell Wilson onto the waiver because of his finger. I picked him up and dropped Carr.

If only you could do it in reality for the Raiders! And he might be available next year with the Seahawks sinking.

• Like 1

I agree Pat, but who?

If only you could do it in reality for the Raiders! And he might be available next year with the Seahawks sinking.

Wilson to the Raiders? Hell Yes!!!

• Like 1

ESPN says he was driving 156 MPH? What the hell?

Cops say it was a Corvette. Add intoxicated to that and that makes for a bad combo.

This tragedy is getting worse each day.

Not only was Ruggs speeding at 156 on a city side street with his girlfriend, he rammed into that RAV4 at 127 MPH. His toxicity level was double the legal amount at 1.61. Also they found a loaded unregistered firearm in the Corvette. The prosecution team could put Ruggs away for a maximum of 46 years now with these extra charges.

His bail is at 15000. He is on lockdown in his residence. The prosecutor wanted the bail at one million dollars. They did take away his passport.

The judge had stated that in his entire career he has never had a case where a car could do that fast.

Of course he is entitled to a fair trial, but this kid should go to prison for a very long time. Sad that he and his girlfriend have a 3 year old little girl together.

Worse is the poor victims in that RAV4. A 23 year old woman and her dog.

Horrific.

• Like 1

I agree Pat, but who?

Wilson to the Raiders? Hell Yes!!!

Aye!